The two-islands nation of St Kitts and Nevis is the smallest sovereign nation in the Americas. Separated by "The Narrows," a two-mile channel, it is easy to travel back and forth as there are frequent ferry crossings.
Although both islands offer historical and natural attractions, both are unique in many ways. St. Kitts has plenty of desirable beaches, sugar plantation tours, and the hustle and bustle of Basseterre, the colorful capital city. A scenic railway tour around the island is recommended.
Much smaller in size, Nevis is laid-back; there are several quiet beaches and the charming town of Charleston has a focus on history, especially on that of England's Horatio Nelson and America's Alexander Hamilton.
There are numerous ways to enjoy both islands, be it hiking, horseback riding along the beach, nature tours, or just relaxing in the sun.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS: GENERAL INTEREST:
- Electricity: 230V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: With mild weather year-round, tropical temperatures and pleasant sea breezes, St. Kitts and Nevis is a year-round vacation destination.
Summer is the rainiest season, but showers are brief with following sun. December to February is the high season, so one might consider the summer months as the beaches are less crowded and there are plenty of events and festivals to enjoy, including the St. Kitts Musical festival and the St. Kitts and Nevis Regatta.
- Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park
- Clay Villa Plantation House & Gardens
- Diving Spots
- Events and Festivals
- Nevis Botanical Gardens
- St. Kitts and Nevis Airports
- St. Kitts and Nevis Bird Watching
- St. Kitts and Nevis Guide
- St. Kitts & Nevis Hotel & Tourism Association
- St. Kitts Scenic Railway
- St. Kitts Visitor Channel
- UNESCO Sites
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Saint Kitts and Nevis's Information
|Land Area||261 km2|
|Total Area||261km2 (#187)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Democracy (National Assembly) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$1.43 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$25,500|
|More Information||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
About Saint Kitts and Nevis
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Largest Football (Soccer) Stadiums In The World
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country
The Most Obese Countries In The World