A tropical island with natural wonders, Puerto Rico is home to miles of white sandy beaches, a diverse topography of mountains and valleys and exotic hideways.
The people of Puerto Rico are warm and hospitable and offer an interesting cultural and racial mix.
The must visits of Puerto Rico include lighthouses, stunning vistas, sunsets, old-world style Spanish homes, historic sites, parks, hiking trails and many other attractions too numerous to mention.
There's an amazing variety of experiences during a trip to Puerto Rico, with enough unique opportunities, that there is something for everyone.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: With year-round warm temperatures, any time is a good time to plan a visit to Puerto Rico.
Average temperatures annually range from a high of 85° F (29° C) to lows around 75° F (23° C). The warmest and wettest month of the year is August. The northern coast is cooler and wetter than Ponce and the southern coast.
The ideal time to visit is December through April. The low season and the less crowded times are May through November.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Airports in Puerto Rico
- Bio Bay Eco Tours
- Cabo Rojo Travel Guide
- Diving Sites
- El Yunque Rain Forest
- Escape to Puerto Rico
- Golf Courses
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Places
- Hotel & Tourism Association
- Isla de Vieques Travel Guide
- La Parguera Bay
- Museum of Art (Spanish)
- National Park Service
- Ponce Tourist Guide (Spanish)
- Porta del Sol Travel Guide
- Rincon Tourism Association
- San Juan Travel Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Welcome to Puerto Rico
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Puerto Rico's Information
|Land Area||8,870 km2|
|Water Area||4,921 km2|
|Government Type||Presidential Democracy; A Self-governing Commonwealth In Political Association With The US|
|GDP (PPP)||$131.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$37,700|
|More Information||Puerto Rico|
About Puerto Rico
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
The Deadliest Mass Shootings In History
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The 50 US States Ranked By Population