|Land Area||102 km2|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Legislative Council); Self-governing Overseas Territory Of The UK|
|GDP (PPP)||$43.78 Million|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,500|
- British Embassy (Washington, DC)
- British West Indies
- Calling Codes
- Centre Hills Project
- Constitution 2010
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Historical Timeline
- Montserrat Hospitality Association
- Montserrat National Trust
- Montserrat Philatelic Bureau
- Montserrat Volcano Observatory
- Oriole Project
- The Volcanic Destrution in Montserrat
- A comprehensive list of internet media, press agencies, magazines, newspapers, radio and television sources here!
When Did the Soufrière Hills Volcano Erupt?
In 1995, the Soufrière Hills volcano on the Caribbean island of Montserrat became active. As a result, half of Montserrat became uninhabitable. As the volcano had been dormant for over 3 centuries and had been deemed inactive, this came as a devastating blow to the small island and its inhabitants.