|Land Area||10,831 km2|
|Water Area||160 km2|
|Total Area||10,991km2 (#160)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$25.39 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$9,000|
View all cities in Jamaica
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Some travelers come to lay on a white sand beach and bask in the sun, others to dive in the sparkling, turquoise clear waters, or to hike, or to eat, or to just enjoy the many cultural aspects and festivals of Jamaica.
Jamaica has a strong connection to Africa, as Kingston was a major point of entry for the slave trade from that continent. Thus, throughout the island, there are numerous African influences to be found in local art and culture.
Jamaica has much to offer visitors including a unique history, stunning landscapes that includes the Blue Mountains where the world's best coffees are grown, reefs for diving, hiking tours, fishing villages, waterfalls, wetlands, and some of the Caribbean's most beautiful sunsets.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 50Hz
- Times to Travel: Jamaica experiences two rainy seasons: May and June, then September and October.
Year-round, Jamaica's days are filled with warmth and sunshine, even during the rainy season. The average annual temperatures are between 80° and 86° F (26° – 30° C). The warmest months are July and August, and the coolest are January and February.
There is a popular Jamaican poem that describes the weather:
We have neither Summer nor Winter; Neither Autumn nor Spring; We have instead the days when the gold sun shines on lush green canefields – magnificently.
The best time to travel to Jamaica is: Anytime!
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Appleton Estate Rum Tours
- Association of Jamaica Attractions
- Blue Mountains
- Devon House
- Dunn's River Falls
- Events and Festivals
- Golf Courses
- Jamaica Adventure Tours
- Jamaica Airports
- Jamaica Beaches
- Jamaica Bird Watching
- Jamaica Diving
- Jamaica Guide
- Shaw Park Botanical Gardens & Waterfalls
- South Coast
- UNESCO Sites
- YS Falls
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Jamaica Travel Advice and Warnings