View all cities in Guadeloupe
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Guadeloupe is sometimes referred to as the Butterfly Island as the shapes of its two major islands resemble the wings of a butterfly.
The long stretches of sandy beaches, the La Soufrière volcano, hiking trails, along with the Reserve Cousteau dive spot, make Guadeloupe a desirable and fun-filled destination.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Bouillante Office of Tourism (French)
- Guadeloupe Islands Tourism Board
- Le Moule Office of Tourism
- St. Barts Tourism Office
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Times to Travel: Most visitors agree that December to May is the best time to visit Guadeloupe as the temperature is quite pleasant and there is little, if any, rainfall.
The average temperature during this period is around 82° F (28° C).
During the rainy season - July to November, the humidity will reach as high as 85% and rainfalls average about 14 days per month.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Beaches in Guadeloupe
- Dive Sites
- Events and Festivals
- Guadeloupe Airports
- Guadeloupe Guide
- Islands of Guadeloupe
- Jardin Botanique (Botanical Garden in Deshaies) (French)
- Parc National de la Guadeloupe (National Parks) (French)
- Petit-Bourg Guide
- Sainte-Anne Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Guadeloupe Travel Advice and Warnings