ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Guadeloupe is sometimes referred to as the Butterfly Island as the shapes of its two major islands resemble the wings of a butterfly.
The long stretches of sandy beaches, the La Soufrière volcano, hiking trails, along with the Reserve Cousteau dive spot, make Guadeloupe a desirable and fun-filled destination.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Bouillante Office of Tourism (French)
- Guadeloupe Islands Tourism Board
- Le Moule Office of Tourism
- St. Barts Tourism Office
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Times to Travel: Most visitors agree that December to May is the best time to visit Guadeloupe as the temperature is quite pleasant and there is little, if any, rainfall.
The average temperature during this period is around 82° F (28° C).
During the rainy season - July to November, the humidity will reach as high as 85% and rainfalls average about 14 days per month.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Beaches in Guadeloupe
- Dive Sites
- Events and Festivals
- Guadeloupe Airports
- Guadeloupe Guide
- Islands of Guadeloupe
- Jardin Botanique (Botanical Garden in Deshaies) (French)
- Parc National de la Guadeloupe (National Parks) (French)
- Petit-Bourg Guide
- Sainte-Anne Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Poorest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations
What is The Commonwealth?