|Land Area||751 km2|
|Total Area||751km2 (#173)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$812.00 Million|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,400|
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Dominica is one of the hidden treasures of the Caribbean – an unspoiled natural paradise.
Tropical forests, home to over 1,200 plant species, cover two-thirds of the island. Rivers, lakes, streams and waterfalls are plentiful. Dominica is home to the eastern Caribbean's first UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Morne Trois Pitons National Park and its ancient forests.
Hiking, diving, snorkeling or whale watching are favorite pastimes. A hike to Boiling Lake, the second of its kind in the world, is worth the effort. After the hike, a visit to one of the mineral-rich hot springs is a great reward.
In the communities, the opportunity to meet some of the friendliest people in the Caribbean is another reason many choose to visit this picturesque island.
- Discover Dominica
Telephone: (767) 448-2045
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Times to Travel: Dominica is best visited during the mid-December to mid-April tourist season. The temperate winter climate and the cooler trade winds combined with the drier conditions make this the ideal time for a trip.
Temperatures in Dominica can be quite hot throughout the entire year – the winters average about 85° F (29° C) while summers hover close to 90° F (32° C).
The rainy season – July to November – brings significant rainfalls. Some regions of the island accumulate as much as 300 inches per year. In addition to the rains, there is a threat of flash floods. Dominica is also subject to the Atlantic hurricanes and tropical storms.
- Boiling Lake
- Dominica Airports
- Dominica Beaches
- Dominica Bird Watching
- Dominica Guide
- Dominica Hotel & Tourism Association
- Diving in Dominica
- Grand Bay
- Hiking in Dominica
- Unesco World Heritage Site
- Virtual Dominica
- Visit Dominica
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Dominica Travel Advice and Warnings