Guatemala is famous for its incomparable collection of ancient Mayan ruins that literally cover the countryside. Also, a growing number of eco-tourism sites are now attracting visitors from around the world.
Significant points-of-interest in Guatemala include the Mayan temples and ruins at Piedras Negros, Quirigua, Mirador and Tikal; native-culture markets at Chichicastenango; sprawling Guatemala City and its cultural attractions; the beautiful Coban area; any volcano; Pacific coastline beaches and a wide variety of watersports activities, and of course, the many colorful Mayan festivals held throughout the year.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Guatemala is great to visit any time of the year, with the tourist high season running December through March - the dry season.
Guatemala is a tropical country and has two distinct seasons: wet and dry. The dry season runs from November to April and the rainy period from May to October.
Temperature variations are small compared to other parts of the world. The rainy season rarely restricts the tours and activities other than in very remote areas.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Authentic Maya
- Chichicastenango Market
- Enjoy Guatemala
- Guatemala Airports
- Guatemala Events & Festivals
- Guatemala Golfing
- Guatemala's Volcanoes
- Piedras Negras
- Quirigua Park and Ruins
- Semuc Champey Natural Monument
- Tikal National Park
- Unesco World Heritage Sites
- Visit Guatemala
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||107,159 km2|
|Water Area||1,730 km2|
|Total Area||108,889km2 (#105)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$132.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$7,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?