El Salvador's Information
|Land Area||20,721 km2|
|Water Area||320 km2|
|Total Area||21,041km2 (#148)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$54.79 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,900|
View all cities in El Salvador
El Salvador is a land of amazing contrasts, accented by a long string of cone-shaped volcanoes and tranquil mountain lakes. In addition, the country's Maya ruins are considered some of the most interesting in all of Central America.
Significant points-of-interest include Cerro Verde National Park and the Santa Ana and Izalco volcanoes; the cloud forests of Montecristo National Park; Mayan ruins at Tazumal; El Espino and El Cuco beaches along the Pacific Ocean; shopping and nightlife venues in San Salvador; the colonial architecture, splendid churches and colorful handicraft markets spread across the country, and of course, the celebrations and festivals that fill the calendar.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 115/230V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Travel to El Salvador is most inviting during the dry season - November through March.
El Salvador is a tropical country and has two distinct seasons: wet and dry. The rainy season runs end of May through October, but generally rainfall is only in the evenings. During April and May, the weather is hot and humid.
It's best to avoid the first week of August during the religious holidays or mid-December through early January – the Christmas and New Year's season, as reservations may be very difficult to obtain.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Archaeological Parks of El Salvador
- Door to El Salvador
- Eco Experiences
- El Salvador Airports
- El Salvador Beaches
- El Salvador Bird Watching
- El Salvador Events & Festivals
- El Salvador Golfing
- El Salvador Travel
- San Salvador Nightlife
- Surf Spot Guide
- Volcanoes National Park
- Unesco World Heritage Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- El Salvador Travel Advice and Warnings