|Land Area||22,806 km2|
|Water Area||160 km2|
|Total Area||22,966km2 (#147)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (National Assembly) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$3.09 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,200|
View all cities in Belize
Belize offers many natural attractions, including the longest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere. In addition, it presents numerous birding, boating, cave diving, eco-tour, fishing, scuba diving and snorkeling opportunities.
Significant attractions include the remains of the Mayan culture, especially the buildings and ruins at Orange Walk and Xunantunich; the cutural and business epicenter of Belize City; Ambergris Caye, Half Moon Caye, the Blue Hole, stunning national parks, and a wide variety of colorful native-population festivals and holidays.
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Travel is most popular from November to late April, especially for visitors from northern areas. During this time the weather is subtropical and the average daytime temperatures in the coastal areas is around 80° F (27° C). This period is also the dry season. Note the the rainy (and hurricane) season is June to mid-November. Climate conditions then are best described as very comfortable, with brief afternoon showers.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Ambergris Caye
- Belize Bird Watching
- Belize Events & Festivals
- Belize Ferries and Water Taxis
- Belize National Parks
- Belize Tourism Board
- Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary & Jaguar Preserve
- Northern Belize
- Placencia Beaches
- San Ignacio and Santa Elena
- Southern Belize
- Travel Belize
- Unesco World Heritage Site
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
What Languages Are Spoken in Belize?
English and Spanish are the most widely spoken languages in Belize, and bilingualism is very common in the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Belize?
What is the biggest city in Belize?
Belize City is the biggest city in Belize with around 60,000 people.
Biggest Cities In Belize
Where is Belize?
Belize is a country located in Central America.
Fun Facts about Belize
What is the capital city of Belize?
Belmopan is the capital of Belize.
What Is the Capital of Belize?
What is the Leading Cause of Death in Belize?
Diabetes tops the list as the number 1 killer in Belize. Of all deaths occurring annually, 9.5% can be attributed to this disease.
Leading Causes Of Death In Belize
Who are the Ecoregions of Belize?
Belize has seven ecoregions: the Peten-Veracruz Moist Forests, the Yucatan Moist Forests, the Belizean Pine Forests, the Belizean Coast Mangroves, the Belizean Reef Mangroves, the Quintana Roo-Motagua, and the Western Caribbean Sea.