|Land Area||579,330 km2|
|Water Area||24,220 km2|
|Total Area||603,550km2 (#45)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$353.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,200|
View all cities in Ukraine
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Tourists from all over the world find a wide variety of attractions in Ukraine including the capital city of Kiev, home to the Golden Gage, the Cathedral of St. Vladimar, museums, architecture and historical sites. The city of Odessa offers the Potemkin Stairway, the opera house, museums, the Vorontsov Palace and other places to see too numerous to mention.
The architecture of Ukraine is an interesting blend of golden domes of the Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox cathedrals, Turkic architecture and ancient cave cities.
The Ukranians have worked hard to prove that this once overlooked country is a viable, interesting and beautiful destination.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Ukraine Tourism Administration (Ukranian)
- Calling Code: 380
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Ukraine's climate is mostly temperate, with a more Mediterranean-like climate found along the resort areas of the southern Crimean coast and Sea of Azov, where summers can be quite warm.
May and June bring warmer temperatures across the country, with very hot days in July somewhat common. Fall is pleasant, while winters can be brutally cold, especially east of the Dnieper River.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Best of Ukraine
- Chornobyl Museum
- Dnipropetrovsk Tourism Guide
- Kharkiv City Information Center (Ukranian)
- Kiev Information Guide
- Lviv Travel Information
- Museums of Ukraine
- Polissya Tourist Guide
- Ukraine Channel
- Ukraine Cities Guide
- Ukraine Online Travel Guide
- Ukraine Travel Advisor
- Ukranian Words and Phrases
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Ukraine Travel Advice and Warnings
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Ukraine?
Ethnic Ukrainians make up almost four-fifths of the population, followed by significant minorities from neighboring countries including Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus.
Major Ethnic Groups Of Ukraine
Does Anything Live in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone?
Some of the animals that still live around the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone include wolves, elks, bears, and lynxes.