Just thinking about Switzerland evokes images of paradise.
Alpine peaks, glistening lakes, thermal baths, enchanting towns, cathedrals, timber houses, Swiss chocolate, fine wines and so much more make Switzerland one of the world's top destinations.
The train travel in Switzerland is easy - nearly every Swiss town is connected to the train system.
Cities to visit include Basel with its modern art and contemporary buildings, cruises on the lake in Lucerne, the Einstein house in Bern, Rheinfall, home to Europe's largest waterfall, or Zurich for shopping and nightlife.
The best spot for people watching is the playground of the rich and famous in St. Mortiz.
Switzerland is the watch-making capital of the world, home to some of the finest chocolates, and of course is the official home of the Swiss Army Knife. CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- My Switzerland Guide (Switzerland Tourism)
- Calling Code: 41
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Switzerland is an anytime destination, depending on priorities.
Summer has the nicest weather, and July and August are the busiest months for tourism. In the winter, sports enthusiasts pack the ski slopes.
April, May, September and October are ideal months to visit, as the weather is good and it's less crowded.
- Arosa Travel Guide
- Basel Travel Guide
- Bern Travel Guide (Capital City)
- Canton of Jura Travel Guide
- Canton of Neuchatel Guide
- Canton of Ticino Guide
- Einstein House
- Geneva Travel Guide
- Graubunden Travel Guide
- Lake Geneva Region Travel Guide
- Lucerne Travel Guide
- Lugano Travel Guide
- Montreux Riviera Guide
- Museum for Contemporary Art
- Museums of Switzerland (Dutch/French/Italian)
- Ski Switzerland
- St. Moritz Travel Guide
- Swiss National Museum
- Traveling Switzerland
- UNESCO Sites
- Valais Tourism Guide
- Watch Valley
- Zermatt and Matterhorn Travel Guide
- Zurich Travel Guide
TOURISM TRANSPORTATION:PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||39,997 km2|
|Water Area||1,280 km2|
|Total Area||41,277km2 (#132)|
|Government Type||Federal Republic (formally A Confederation)|
|GDP (PPP)||$496.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||59,400$|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Largest Football (Soccer) Stadiums In The World
The Least Populated Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
Timeline Of Mass Extinction Events On Earth