|Land Area||39,997 km2|
|Water Area||1,280 km2|
|Total Area||41,277km2 (#132)|
|Government Type||Federal Republic (formally A Confederation)|
|GDP (PPP)||$496.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$59,400|
View all cities in Switzerland
- AlpTransit Gotthard
- Bio - Henri Dunant (Nobel Laureate )
- Bio - Friedrich Durrenmatt (Playwright/Essayist)
- Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- City of Arosa
- City of Basel
- City of Bern
- City of Geneva (French)
- City of Lucerne (German)
- Embassy of Switzerland (Washington, D.C.)
- Etang de la Gruere Nature Reserve
- Federal Constitution of the Swiss Confederation
- Federal Statistical Office
- Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry
- Gateway to Switzerland
- Historical Timeline
- History of Switzerland's Flag
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Klaus Procession of Kussnacht (Chasing St. Nicholas)
- Lake Lucerne
- Organization for Nuclear Research
- Pro Natura Conservation Organization
- Swiss National Bank
- Swiss Portal
- UNESCO Sites
- Watch Valley
- Federal Assembly - Swiss Parliament
- Federal Authorities of the Swiss Confederation (Government)
- Federal Council
- A very complete list of blogs, internet media, press agencies, magazines, newspapers, radio and television sources here!
What Is The Capital Of Switzerland?
Switzerland does not have an official capital city. When Switzerland became a country in 1848, it was decided that the country would have no official capital city in an effort to award every territory in the country equal importance. However, Bern was selected to host the nation's federal government, becoming the de facto capital.
What is the Capital of Switzerland?
Are There Any Female Heads of Government?
There are many powerful women in politics around the world. Some examples are Queen Elizabeth and Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom, Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel, and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf the President of Liberia and the first female head of state in Africa.
10 Female Heads of State
What is the Busiest Airport in Switzerland?
The Zurich Airport, located in Zurich, a popular tourist destination in Switzerland, is the busiest airport in Switzerland.