Many travelers feel that Sweden's main attraction is its landscape, especially in the mountains of the "Midnight Sun" and along the southwestern coastline in the Bohuslan area.
Major magnets for visitors include the southern beaches, winter ski areas near Are, the natural beauty of Lapland, including Kebnekaise and Jukkasjarvi (the Ice Hotel), Lakes Siljan, Storsjon, Vanern and Vattern, boat tours along the Gota Canal and Gotland Island.
Stockholm, the beautiful and clean capital city, is built on fourteen islands. The water is crystal clear and people fish in the city center. There's much to do in and around Stockholm, but a must-see is Gamla Stan (or Old Town), and the shops and restaurants along its many winding streets.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 46
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: May through July are the most popular times to visit as days are pleasant, often sunny, with average high temps in the mid-70's. Mid-60's are common in the north and western mountains. Late fall days are crisp and cool, and easy to enjoy.
In the mountains of the far north, summer temps seldom exceed 50°F (10° C), and much colder conditions and snow are possible at anytime.
Above the Arctic Circle the summer sun never completely sets and days are long and bright. Winter days across much of Sweden are shorter, and available daylight is muted and less intense.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Glasriket (Kingdom of Crystal)
- Golf Courses
- Göta Canal
- Gothenburg Travel Guide
- Gotland Travel Guide
- Ice Hotel
- Jamtland Region (Swedish)
- Kungsleden Hiking Trail
- Malmo Visitors Guide
- National Museum
- National Parks
- Royal Palaces
- Skansen Zoo and Open Air Museum
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Sommen Lake District
- Stockholm Visitors Guide
- Sweden's Regions
- Umea Region Travel Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Uppsala Travel Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||410,335 km2|
|Water Area||39,960 km2|
|Total Area||450,295km2 (#55)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$498.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$49,700|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country
The Largest Football (Soccer) Stadiums In The World
The Most Obese Countries In The World