Except for all required national holidays (marked below with an *) local governments can and may set their own holiday dates, based on long established traditions.
- January 1 *New Year's Day
- January 6 Epiphany
- March 19 Father's Day
- varies - Holy Thursday (Easter Sunday - 3 days)
- varies - Good Friday (Easter Sunday - 2 days)
- varies - Easter (usually in April)
- May 1 *Labor Day
- varies - Corpus Christi (usually mid-June)
- June 24 St. John's
- June 29 St. Peter's Day and St. Paul's Day
- July 25 St. James' Day
- August 15 Assumption
- October 13 *Columbus Day - National Day
- November 1 All Saints Day
- December 6 Constitution Day
- December 8 Immaculate Conception
- December 25 *Christmas Day
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World