|Land Area||20,151 km2|
|Water Area||122 km2|
|Total Area||20,273km2 (#150)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$68.35 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$33,100|
View all cities in Slovenia
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Slovenia may be tiny in size, but has so much to do and see that size is not of importance.
Sometimes referred to as the "Green Piece of Europe", agro-tourism is very popular. The diverse topography, ranging from the coastal area to the Alpine peaks, is attainable in just a couple hours drive through the Pammonian lowlands or the Dolenjska hills.
Gothic churches, baroque palaces, castles, caves, thermal springs and a plethora of outdoor activities are all awaiting the Slovenian vistor.
Since its independence in 1991, it has become one of the top destinations for travelers from around the world.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Slovenia Official Travel Guide (Slovenian Tourist Board)
- Calling Code: 386
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Slovenia is a year-round travel destination, with four distinct seasons, but due to its topography, there are three separate climates.
The coastal area has a Mediterranean most of the year with mild winters and pleasant summers. Eastern Slovenia's climate is Continental with hot summer and cold winters. The northwest region has an alpine climate cnd can be quite cold in the winters.
The most popular times to vist are during the summer and September. December to March is the ideal period for skiers.
- Bled Travel Guide
- Koper Travel Guide
- Kranjska Gora and Julian Alps Guide
- Lipica Stud Farm (Lipizzaner Horses)
- Ljubljana Travel Guide
- Maribor Travel Guide
- Piran Travel Guide
- Skocjan Caves
- Slovenia Travel Guide
- Slovenian Words and Phrases
- Technical Museum of Slovenia
- Triglav National Park
- UNESCO Sites
- Visit Slovenia
TOURISM TRANSPORTATION:PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Slovenia Travel Advice and Warnings