Scotland Travel to
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Scotland is home to ancient castles and monuments, jagged coastlines from north to south, small villages and stylish cities, and an authentic maritime culture of nearly 800 islands with picturesque harbor towns, lighthouses, sandy beaches and numerous world-class fishing, sailing and wind surfing venues.
Scotland is the birthplace of the glorious game of golf, a (manageable) mountain climbing paradise, and a growing mecca of wintersports activities.
For travel tips, city details, major attractions and points-of-interest, follow the links below.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit Scotland (Scotland Tourism Board)
- Calling Code: 44
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Scotland's climate is much milder than expected (considering its location), as all of the British Isles are warmed some by the powerful Gulf Stream Current as it makes its way north through the waters of the North Atlantic Ocean from the Gulf of Mexico.
There certainly are exceptions, but generally winters are damp, cool/cold and windy, and summers pleasant with frequent cloudy days. Precipitation is possible at most anytime, and the Northern Highlands can and do experience cold and snowy winters, and rapidly changing weather conditions with little advance warning.
Most travelers visit between May and August, and in the north during the summer months, the dark of night is hardly seen as the sun never totally sets.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Antonine Wall
- Aberdeen and the Grampian Highlands
- Cathedrals and Abbeys of Scotland
- Edinburgh and Lothians Guide
- Glasgow Visitor Guide
- Golfing in Scotland
- Highlands Travel
- Isle of Skye
- Loch Ness and Inverness Visitor Guide
- Northern Highlands
- Perthshire (County of Perth)
- Regions of Scotland
- Royal Deeside - River Dee Valley
- Scotland National Parks
- Scottish Borders
- Scottish Climbing Guide
- Stones of Scotland
- Walks and Trails in Scotland
- Welcome to Scotland
TRANSPORTATION LINKSPASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!