San Marino's Information
|Land Area||61 km2|
|Total Area||61km2 (#190)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$2.02 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$65,300|
San Marino is the world's third smallest country in size, and claims to be the world's oldest republic.
The views of the countryside, the Appennines Mountains and Adriatic coast from San Marino are spectacular, as the Republic is perched atop Monte Titano, 2,457 feet (749m) above sea level.
There are three defensive towers overlooking the city, and La Rocca is the oldest of them and worth seeing. Another stop is the Castello della Cesta, a museum housing old weapons and instruments of torture.
Archaeological artifacts and paintings can be found at the Museo di Stato and for collectors, a visit to the Azienda Filatelica-Nmismatica for coins and stamps is a must.
Just walking around the city is a delight - the narrow streets and walkways wind up and down the hillside and are full of surprises.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit San Marino Guide (Office of Tourism) (Italian)
- Calling Code: 378
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: San Marino's climate is quite temperate throughout the year, so a visit anytime is enjoyable.
The summer months - May to August - are the peak times for travel to San Marino.
A visit to San Marino during the summer requires advance planning, as accommodations are at a premium and the prices can be quite high.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Italian Words and Phrases
- Italy Travel
- Municipalities of San Marino
- San Marino Key (Italian)
- San Marino Museums
- UNESCO Sites
- Welcome to San Marino Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- San Marino Travel Advice and Warnings