|Land Area||229,891 km2|
|Water Area||8,500 km2|
|Total Area||238,391km2 (#81)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$441.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$22,300|
View all cities in Romania
Romania is a dynamic country, rich in culture, scenic beauty, art and history.
There is a lot here to offer visitors including traditional villages, medieval castles, the capital city of Bucharest, monasteries and citadels, the 3,500 year-old Scarisoara glacier, plus stunning landscapes, skiing and cruising on the Danube River.
In Bucharest, the Palace of Parliament is a must-see, as it's the largest office building in Europe and the second-largest in the world. In Sibiu, the outdoor Astra Museum features more than 300 buildings, plus watermills, windmills and much more.
Don't forget a visit to Transylvania, home to some of Europe's best-preserved medieval towns, and of course, the Bran Castle, also known as Dracula's castle.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS: GENERAL INTEREST:
- Calling Code: 40
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Most visitors agree that April to June and September and October are the best times to visit for exploring all the wonders of Romania.
For beach lovers, the Black Sea resorts being filling up in mid to late June and stay full until mid-August.
Although Romanian winters can be harsh, the mountain resorts offer modern ski resorts and quality skiing.
- Astra Museum
- Bucharest Travel Information
- Exploring Romania
- Go Romania Tours
- Guide to Romania
- Iasi Tourist Information
- Land Beyond the Forest Travel Site
- Museums and Collections
- National Museum of Art (Romanian)
- Romanian Monasteries
- Romanian Words and Phrases
- Sibiu Travel Information
- Skiing in Romania
- Transylvania Travel
- Tourism in Romania
- UNESCO Sites
TOURISM TRANSPORTATION:PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
What Continent Is Romania In?
Romania is found in the southeastern portion of the continent of Europe, bordering the Black Sea.