Portugal offers many surprises, all packed into a small country.
Whether your interests are the ancient attractions, medieval villages, seaside towns, castles and palaces, agrotourism or enjoying the parks, mountains, beaches and cultural treasures, Portugal is a destination you won't want to miss.
A visit to Lisbon, along with the wine routes and the various regions are must-sees for the perfect European vacation.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 351
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Portugal is a year-round destination, with its warm and sunny climate and mild winters.
The high tourism season runs from the middle of June to mid-September. Average temperatures during that time are about 80° F (27° C).
Spring and Fall are less crowded, but the weather is still pleasant.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Agro-Tourism Routes
- Algarve Region Tourist Guide
- Azores Travel Guide
- Beach Guide and Surf Information
- Braga Travel Guide
- Central Portugal Tourist Information (Portuguese)
- Conimbriga Museum and Roman Ruins
- Fatima Guide
- Lagos Tourist Information (Portuguese)
- Lisbon Travel Resource Guide
- Madeira Island Travel Information
- Porto Tourist Information
- Portugal Golf
- Portugal Live Travel Guide
- Portuguese Words and Phrases
- Regions of Portugal
- Sanctuary of Cristo Rei
- Sanctuary of Fatima
- UNESCO Sites
- Visit Portugal
- Walled Town of Obidos
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
|Land Area||91,470 km2|
|Water Area||620 km2|
|Total Area||92,090km2 (#109)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$297.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||28,500$|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The Deadliest Mass Shootings In History
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Murder Rate By Country
Countries With The Highest Rates Of Firearm Related Deaths
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 25 Safest Countries In The World