|Land Area||304,255 km2|
|Water Area||8,430 km2|
|Total Area||312,685km2 (#69)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,050.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$27,700|
View all cities in Poland
Often underrated as a tourist destination,
Poland is one of the most unique and interesting countries in all of Europe.
A visit to Poland is an unforgettable experience, with mixed cultures and numerous attractions, including the Great Masuian Lakes, the mountains, the old Polish cities with their blends of new and modern and intact old towns, music, art galleries and sumptuous food.
High on the list of things to see and do are the Auschwitz Museum and Memorial, the cities of Warsaw and Krakow and their castles, the Chopin Museum and the various cultural regions of the country.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 48
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Travel to Poland is great any time of the year.
The ideal time to visit is May to September, with the peak tourism season between July and August.
December to March is the ski season and there are an abundance of ski and snowboarding resorts.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Auschwitz Memorial and Museum
- Camping and Caravaning Federation
- Chopin Museum
- Eco-Tourism in Poland
- Gdansk Travel Guide
- Kayaking and Canoeing
- Krakow Visitors Guide
- Lodz Visitors Guide
- National Museum in Warsaw
- National Parks
- Poland Cultural Program
- Polish Words and Phrases
- Poznan Visitors Guide
- Regions of Poland
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Suwalki Landscape Park (Polish)
- Top Attractions Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Warsaw Tourist Guide
- Wawel Royal Castle
- Website of the Republic of Poland
- Wroclaw Visitors Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Poland Travel Advice and Warnings