ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Monaco is well known for the Grand Casino, one of the most visited and celebrated attractions in the country, with its unique architecture, opulent furnishings and "dressed to the nines" high rollers.
Not to be missed while in Monaco are the Prince's Palace State Apartments, the Opera House, the beautiful botanical Jardin Exotique, the Oceanographic Museum, the Monaco Cathedral, the busy harbor area, the Prince's Car Collection, shopping and of course, dining.
For auto racing enthusiasts, the Monaco Grand Prix and the Monte Carlo rally are two of the best known motor sports events in Europe, drawing major crowds.
Where else but Monaco can one walk the entire country from end to end? (It's only .76 square miles/1.22 km). For skiers, the Alps are only an hour's drive away.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 377
- Electricity: 127/220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: With mild winters and pleasant, sunny summers, Monaco is an ideal destination for visiting or living any time of the year.
On the average, there are less than 87 days of rainfall annually, and the sun shines around seven hours a day.
July and August are the hottest months and the most crowded. April and May or September and October are the ideal times to travel.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Beausoleil Tourism Guide (French)
- Casino of Monte-Carlo
- French Words and Phrases
- La Turbie Tourism Guide (French)
- Monaco Holiday
- Monte-Carlo Tourism Guide
- Museums and Monuments
- Oceanographic Museum (French)
- Prince's Palace State Apartments
- Principality of Monaco Guide
- Your Monaco
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||2 km2|
|Total Area||2km2 (#193)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$7.67 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$115,700|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World