|Land Area||32,891 km2|
|Water Area||960 km2|
|Total Area||33,851km2 (#135)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$18.54 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$5,200|
View all cities in Moldova
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Other top attractions include the remote monasteries, the cities of Balti, Ungheni and the capital city of Chisinau, the Pushkin Museum and the Jewish cemeteries.
Moldova is a very poor country - one of the poorest in Europe, but the accommodations prices are exceptionally high.
Moldova's bus service is very reliable and the routes are extensive.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 373
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Due to its close proximity to the Black Sea, Moldova's climate is quite moderate.
Summers are long and warm and winters are mild and dry.
The most popular times to vist are during the summer and the fall months of September and October.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Chisinau City Guide
- City of Balti (Romanian/Russian)
- City of Comrat (Russian)
- Historical Architecture of Chisinau (Romanian)
- Jewish Cemeteries
- Moldova Travel Guide
- National Museum of Archaeology and History
- UNESCO Sites
- World of Moldova
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Moldova Travel Advice and Warnings