|Land Area||316 km2|
|Total Area||316km2 (#185)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$16.32 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$37,900|
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Day trips to the Temples, to Gozo for rock climbing, cultural and historical sites, island hopping, along with beaches, resorts, and entertainment venues are all easily accessible without traveling a great distance.
Malta is easy to get around, using the convenient bus routes or by car following the well-marked roads.
Malta's charm and friendly residents bring people back for repeat visits.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 356
- Electricity: 240V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Malta's Mediterranean climate allows visitors to enjoy this island country all year round.
Summers are dry and hot, while winters are mild. Malta's spring and fall are nearly non-existent as summer and winter come about suddenly.
The sea breezes keep the summer temperatures cooler, and the summer season generally lasts from end of May until October.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Beaches of Malta
- Birding in Malta
- Casa Rocca Piccola
- Choose Malta Guide
- Diving Sites
- Gozo Agro & Eco Tourism
- Guide to Malta
- Guide to Gozo
- Il-Majjistral National Park
- Malta Experience
- Malta Hotels & Restaurants Association
- Malta Museums
- Malta Online
- Maltese Words and Phrases
- National Festivals
- UNESCO Sites
- Valletta Waterfront
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Malta Travel Advice and Warnings
Are There Any Female Heads of Government?
There are many powerful women in politics around the world. Some examples are Queen Elizabeth and Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom, Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel, and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf the President of Liberia and the first female head of state in Africa.