ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The entire region has a fascinating past, and is full of historic treasures from its various civilizations spanning over 5,000 years.
Macedonia is a virtual paradise, with mountains, lakes, rivers, beautiful churches, mosques, ancient towns and museums.
The archaeological sites are a must-see, no matter if one is a history buff or just curious.
Macedonia is a country of mystery and one well worth exploring.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Exploring Macedonia (National Tourism Portal)
- Calling Code: 389
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Macedonia is an ideal destination year round.
April to October is the best travel period in order to enjoy the mountains and lakes and outdoor activities, while the winter months are perfect for skiing and snowboarding.
The summers are warm, sometimes hot, with some rain. Winter brings heavy snowfall.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Archaelogical Excavation Skopsko Kale
- Arts & Archaeology
- Bitola Tourist Information (Macedonian)
- Cultural & Information Center
- Guide to Old Skopje
- Macedonia Travel
- Macedonian Words and Phrases
- Ohrid Tourism Portal
- Skopje Travel Information
- Travel 2 Macedonia
- Tumba Madzari Archaeological Site (Macedonian)
- UNESCO Sites
- Visit Struga Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
|Land Area||25,433 km2|
|Water Area||280 km2|
|Total Area||25,713km2 (#145)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$29.52 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,500|