ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The capital city, Luxembourg, is set high on a cliff, offering spectacular views. There are several places in the old town that are on the UNESCO list of Heritage Sites. One of the most interesting places to visit is the Notre Dame Cathedral.
A visit to the Luxembourg American Cemetery and Memorial should be on every traveler's list, along with the George Patton Museum.
The towns of Echternach and Vianden are favorite stops. Echternach is based in "Little Switzerland" and Vianden is well known for its castles and gothic churches.
The Moselle Valley region is home to many fine wineries.
In short, Luxembourg is one of Europe's gems.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Luxembourg Tourism Guide (National Tourist Office)
- Calling Code: 352
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: The best time to visit Luxembourg and experience the pleasant weather is May through June and then September and October.
The weather is mild year-round, but most people enjoy the warmer days. July and August are the most expensive times to visit, as those months are at the height of the tourism season.
December is the Christmas market season. November, January and February are the least popular times to visit, with dismal weather and some hotels, shops and attractions close during this period.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Ardennes Region Guide
- Castles of Luxembourg
- City of Echternach Guide
- City of Esch-sur-Alzette Guide (French)
- City of Luxembourg Guide
- French Words and Phrases
- Moselle Region Guide
- Mullerthal Region Guide
- Museum of Natural History (French)
- Museum of Modern Art
- Southern Region Guide (French)
- UNESCO Sites
- Visit Luxembourgh Guide
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||2,586 km2|
|Total Area||2,586km2 (#167)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$58.74 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$102,000|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The Most Obese Countries In The World
The Least Populated Countries In The World