ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The capital city of Vilnius' Old Town area is one of the largest in Europe. It's populated with numerous churches, palaces, cafes, boutiques and art galleries. The curved, narrow streets promise exciting discoveries around every turn.
The Curonian Spit National Park is one of the jewels of Lithuania. It's a narrow stip of land along the Baltic Sea, with sand dunes, forests, fishermen villages and is now on the UNESCO List as one of Europe's most beautiful and unique landscapes.
There's lots of museums, festivals, and cultural events for everyone to enjoy. For years, Lithuania has also been known as a favorite wellness resort area with its mineral waters and curative mud.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Lithuania Visitors Guide (Tourism Department)
- Calling Code: 370
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Summer is the most popular season in which to travel to Lithuania. There's lots of activity -- outdoor concerts, festivals and all the attractions are open. From the middle of June until the middle of August is the best weather and also affords the opportunity of visiting the beaches.
Late spring and early fall are also good times to visit and the tourist rush is less.
December through February are the months with the heaviest snowfalls and winter temperatures can be quite cold. However, there's lots to do including ice fishing, Husky sled rides, skiing and snowboarding.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Aukstaitijos National Park
- Birstonas Tourism Guide
- Castles in Lithuania
- Countryside Tourism Association
- Druskininkai Wellness Springs Resort
- Klaipeda Visitors Guide
- Kursiu Nerija Park
- Lithuanian Cultural Guide
- Lithuanian Words and Phrases
- Museums of Lithuania
- Neringa Visitors Guide
- Regions of Lithuania
- Trakai Historical National Park
- UNESCO Sites
- Vilnius Visitors Guide
- Way 2 Lithuania Guide
- Zemaitija National Park
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||62,680 km2|
|Water Area||2,620 km2|
|Total Area||65,300km2 (#121)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$85.62 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$29,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country
Biggest Stadiums in The World By Capacity
The Largest Football (Soccer) Stadiums In The World