|Land Area||62,680 km2|
|Water Area||2,620 km2|
|Total Area||65,300km2 (#121)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$85.62 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$29,900|
View all cities in Lithuania
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The capital city of Vilnius' Old Town area is one of the largest in Europe. It's populated with numerous churches, palaces, cafes, boutiques and art galleries. The curved, narrow streets promise exciting discoveries around every turn.
The Curonian Spit National Park is one of the jewels of Lithuania. It's a narrow stip of land along the Baltic Sea, with sand dunes, forests, fishermen villages and is now on the UNESCO List as one of Europe's most beautiful and unique landscapes.
There's lots of museums, festivals, and cultural events for everyone to enjoy. For years, Lithuania has also been known as a favorite wellness resort area with its mineral waters and curative mud.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Lithuania Visitors Guide (Tourism Department)
- Calling Code: 370
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Summer is the most popular season in which to travel to Lithuania. There's lots of activity -- outdoor concerts, festivals and all the attractions are open. From the middle of June until the middle of August is the best weather and also affords the opportunity of visiting the beaches.
Late spring and early fall are also good times to visit and the tourist rush is less.
December through February are the months with the heaviest snowfalls and winter temperatures can be quite cold. However, there's lots to do including ice fishing, Husky sled rides, skiing and snowboarding.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Aukstaitijos National Park
- Birstonas Tourism Guide
- Castles in Lithuania
- Countryside Tourism Association
- Druskininkai Wellness Springs Resort
- Klaipeda Visitors Guide
- Kursiu Nerija Park
- Lithuanian Cultural Guide
- Lithuanian Words and Phrases
- Museums of Lithuania
- Neringa Visitors Guide
- Regions of Lithuania
- Trakai Historical National Park
- UNESCO Sites
- Vilnius Visitors Guide
- Way 2 Lithuania Guide
- Zemaitija National Park
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
What is a Puppet Government?
A "puppet state" is a government that has little will of its own, as it needs financial backing or military support. Thus, it acts an a subordinate to another power in exchange for its own survival. The puppet government still holds its own facade of an identity, perpetuated by retaining its own flag, name, national anthem, law, and constitution. However, these type of governments are not considered as legitimate according to international law.
What Is A Puppet Government?
Are There Any Female Heads of Government?
There are many powerful women in politics around the world. Some examples are Queen Elizabeth and Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom, Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel, and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf the President of Liberia and the first female head of state in Africa.