|Land Area||160 km2|
|Total Area||160km2 (#189)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$4.98 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$139,100|
Liechtenstein is a landlocked country bordered by Switzerland and Austria, and is the smallest, but richest German-speaking country in the world. It is also the only country that lies entirely within the Alps.
The capital city of Vaduz is the center of commerce, banking and the main shopping area in the country with many souvenir stores.
Liechtenstein offers great hiking, biking, skiing, snowboarding, quaint villages as well as a rich history. There are many musuems, each with a unique offering of the past.
Liechtenstein is only 62 square miles, but its natural landscape is diverse with small farms and wineries to the rugged mountains and lush green forests.
Liechtenstin, "the jewel at the pulse of Europe" is a place worth visiting.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Welcome to Liechtenstein (Liechtenstein Tourism Office)
- Calling Code: 423
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: The best time to visit Liechtenstin is any time.
December to April is the ski season. May to October is the best time to visit for hiking, biking and sightseeing.
The continental climate features cold, cloudy winters with frequent snow and rain, while summers are cool to moderately warm.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Art Museum of Liechtenstein
- Benefice House (German)
- German Words and Phrases
- Gutenberg Castle (German)
- "Hofkellerei" Winery of the Princely Court
- Liechtenstein Museum
- Ruggell Guide (German)
- Schellenberg Ruins (German)
- Ski Liechtenstein
- Theme Trails
- Triesenberg Guide (German)
- Vaduz Tourism Guide (Capital City)
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Liechtenstein Travel Advice and Warnings