|Land Area||294,140 km2|
|Water Area||7,200 km2|
|Total Area||301,340km2 (#71)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$2,220.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$36,300|
View all cities in Italy
- Gianni Agnelli industrialist, founder of fiat
- Giacomo Agostini motorcycle racer
- Giovanni Agusta founder agusta helicopter
- Dante Alighieri poet
- Michelangelo Antonioni film director
- Saint Thomas Aquinas catholic priest, philosopher
- Archimedes mathematician
- Dario Argento film maker
- Giorgio Armani fashion designer
- St. Francis of Assisi saint, writer
- Marcus Aurelius roman emperor, philosopher
- Roberto Baggio footballer
- Dario Bargnani basketball player
- Barilla pasta producers
- Angelo Bartoli opera singer
- Lucio Battisti singer, songwriter
- Angelo Bellini painter
- Monica Bellucci actress
- Eugenio Beltrami mathematician
- Benetton Family industrialists, fashion designers
- Roberto Benigni actor
- Silivio Berlusconi prime minister
- Gian Lorenzo Bernini architect, painter, sculptor
- Maria Ilva Biolcati "Milva" singer
- Giovanni Boccaccio author, poet
- Andrea Bocelli opera singer
- Francesco Borromini architect
- Sandro Botticelli artist
- Bruno Bozzetto cartoonist
- Nicoletta Braschi actress
- Falvio Briatore entrepreneur, director renault formula one race team
- Agnolo Bronzino painter
- Carla Bruni model, "first lady of France"
- Rembrandt Bugatti sculptor
- Michelangelo Buonarroti architect, painter, sculptor
- John Cabot explorer
- Augustus Octavius Caesar first emperor roman empire
- Julius Caesar emperor of rome
- Caligula emperor of rome
- Italo Calvino author
- Fabio Cannavaro footballer
- Antonio Canova sculptor
- Giovanni de Capistrano missionary
- Caravaggio painter
- Lara Cardella author
- Enrico Caruso opera singer, actor
- Giacomo Casanova adventurer, writer, womanizer
- Igor Cassina gymnast, olympic medalist
- Domenico Cassini refined the telescope
- Roberto Cavalli fashion designer
- Adriano Celentano singer, songwriter, musician
- Benvenuto Cellini goldsmith, artist, sculptor
- Riccardo Cocciante singer, songwriter, actor (born in French Indochina, now Vietnam)
- Carlo Collodi author (Pinocchio)
- Christopher Colombus explorer
- Constantine I first emperor to accept christianity
- Carlo De Benedetti industrialist, engineer, publisher
- Antonello da Messina artist
- Leonardo Da Vinci architect, anatomist, sculptor, engineer, inventor, mathematician, musician, painter
- Dino De Laurentiis movie producer
- Francesco de Sanctis writer, literary critic
- Gaspar del Bufalo saint, priest, founder missionairies of the precious blood
- Alessandro del Piero footballer
- Dolce and Gabbana fashion designers
- Sandro Donatello artist
- Gaetano Donizetti composer
- Umberto Eco philosopher, author
- Giacinto Facchetti footballer
- Federico Faggin physicist, engineer, designer first microprocessor
- Federico Fellini film maker
- Fendi family fashion designers
- Enrico Fermi physicist
- Salvatore Ferragamo shoe designer
- Enzo Ferrari automobile designer, racer
- Vanessa Ferrari world champion gymnast
- Gianfranco Ferre fashion designer
- Federigo Fiorillo violinist
- Dario Fo satirist, playwright, director, actor, composer
- Baldasare Forestiere architectural engineer (gardens)
- Enrico Forlanini inventor, engineer, aeronautical pioneer
- Piero Fornasetti artist, sculptor
- Carla Fracci ballet dancer, actress
- Galileo Galilei astronomer, philosopher, physicist
- Giuseppe Garibaldi patriot, italian hero
- Vittorio Gassman actor, director
- Amadeo Peter Giannini founder bank of america
- Giancarlo Giannini actor
- Giorgione artist
- Giotto artist
- Vittorio Gregotti architect
- Gucci family fashion designers
- Margherita Hack astrophysicist, author
- Eugenio Ibertis war hero
- Natalie Imbruglia singer
- Jacuzzi family inventors of the hot tub
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Italian
What are the Demographics of Italy?
Around 8% of Italy’s population identify as one of the numerous non-Italian minorities, with Romanian Italians being the largest of the minority groups. The dominant ethnic group in Italy is the native Italians who mainly speak the Italian language
The Religious Demographics Of Italy
What is the Largest City in Italy?
Rome is the most populous city in Italy, followed by Milan and Naples. Rome has a population of around 2.8 million people.
The Largest Cities in Italy
Where is Poveglia?
Poveglia Island is located on the Venetian lagoon in northern Italy. It is well known for having been the site of quarantine efforts by the Italian government during the Black Plague.
Where is "Plague Island"?
What is the Geography of Rome?
The geography surrounding Rome, an ancient Italian city on the banks of the Tiber River, has heavily influenced the expansion of the city through the ages. The historic city of Rome is located in the central-western part of the Italian Peninsula on the banks of the Tiber River in the Lazio region of Italy.
The Geography Of Rome
What Kind of Government Does Italy Have?
Italy has a parliamentary republic type of government, complete with the Executive, Judiciary, and Legislative divisions. The 1948 Constitution provides the framework for Italy's government.
What Type of Government Does Italy Have?
What are the Biggest Ethnic Groups in Italy?
The largest ethnic group in Italy is Italian. Around 8% of Italy's population identify as one of the numerous non-Italian minorities, with Romanian Italians being the largest of the minority groups.
Largest Ethnic Groups Of Italy
Italy regions & their capitals