Iceland's natural beauty is the main draw for visitors to this sparsely populated country.
The travelers to Iceland are enthralled with the geysers, waterfalls, volcanoes, hot water springs, glaciers and wildlife - especially the birds.
Reykjavik, the capital city, is best known for its arts and cultural festivities, nightlife and outdoor geothermal pools.
Although most visitors go to Iceland in the summer months, there are plenty of enjoyable and fun activities in the winter months, including snowmobiling, horseback riding, cross-country skiing and of course, seeing the beautiful lights of the Aurora Borealis.CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit Iceland (Official Tourism Information Site )
- Calling Code: 354
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Mid-June through August is the peak tourist season. The "shoulder seasons" of April and May and then September and October are good times also, and in Reykjavik, many arts and cultural festivals happen during this time.
Daylight hours in Iceland range from early summer when it is never completely dark to the mid-winter days with only four or five hours of sunshing.
Due to the Gulf Stream, the temperatures remain cool in the summer and quite mild in the winter. However, Icelandic weather can be volatile, and at times, the weather can change rapidly in one day, from overcast skies, fog, driving wind and rain.
- Akureyi Travel Guide
- Directory of Iceland Attractions
- Discover Iceland
- Explore Iceland
- Golden Circle Tours
- Iceland Total (Tours)
- Iceland Travel Guide
- Icelandic Words and Phrases
- Icelandic Wonders Museum
- Inspired by Iceland
- National Gallery of Iceland
- National Parks
- North Iceland Travel Guide
- Reykjavik Tourism Guide
- Seyoisfjorour Tourism Guide
- South Iceland Travel Guide
- Town of Eyrarbakki Guide (Icelandic)
- UNESCO Sites
- Volcanoes of Iceland
- Waterfalls in Iceland
- Westfjords Travel Guide
TOURISM TRANSPORTATION:PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||100,250 km2|
|Water Area||2,750 km2|
|Total Area||103,000km2 (#106)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$16.15 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$48,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The Deadliest Mass Shootings In History
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The 50 US States Ranked By Population
The World's Most Visited Countries