|Land Area||89,608 km2|
|Water Area||3,420 km2|
|Total Area||93,028km2 (#108)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$268.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$27,200|
View all cities in Hungary
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Hungary is home to numerous UNESCO sites. Budapest is one of the most beautiful capital cities in all of Europe. Plus, there's culture, natural beauty, healing thermal waters, Hungarian goulish, along with monuments, Romanesque churches, castles and national parks.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 36
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Spring in Hungary is beautiful, although it can be rainy during that period.
Summer months of July and August are warm and sunny and the resorts are very crowded, as this period is the main tourism season.
Winter is the least favorite time to visit, as it's cold and bleak and many of the museums and popular tourism sites are closed.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Balaton Uplands National Park
- Budapest Index
- Budapest Walking Tours
- Castle of Diosgyor (Hungarian)
- Debrecen Tourist Information
- Eger Guide (Hungarian)
- Guide to Thermal Baths
- Gyenesdias Tourist Information
- Gyor-Moson-Sopron County Travel Information
- Holocaust Memorial Center
- Hortobagy National Park
- Hungarian Words and Phrases
- Kecskemet Tourist Information
- Northern Hungary Tourist Guide
- Pecs Tourism Information
- Szeged Tourist Information
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Hungary Travel Advice and Warnings