Except for (Unity Day on October 6), all public holidays in Germany are determined (celebrated) at the discretion of the individual federal states. Some holidays celebrated in but a few of those states are not shown below.
- January 1 New Year's Day
- January 6 Epiphany
- varies - Good Friday (Easter Sunday - 2 days)
- varies - Easter (usually in April)
- varies - Easter Monday (Easter Sunday + 1 day)
- May 1 Labor Day
- varies - Ascension Day (usually in May)
- varies - Whitmonday (usually mid-May)
- October 3 Unity Day
- December 25 Christmas Day
- December 26 St. Stephan's Day
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries