ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Additional points-of-interest in France include Saint Malo and the rugged coastline of Brittany, Corsica, Chateau De Versailles, Euro Disney Land, the stunning Loire Valley, the French Alps and Pyrenees, the Cote d'Azur and the Mediterranean cities of Cannes and Nice.
France is renowned for its architecture, art, cinema, cuisine, fashion, literature, music and wine.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 33
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: France enjoys a moderate climate with regional and obvious seasonal variations. Most travelers agree that the late spring and early summer months are the best time to visit France, as the weather is consistently at its best. The sea is warm enough for swimming between June and September, and as early as May along the Cote d'Azur.
In August most locals escape the city heat and take their month-long vacations. The beaches and mountains are subsequently packed, and many shops and restaurants are closed during this period.
Fall and early winters are often quite pleasant along the Bay of Biscay and Mediterranean Sea coastlines. The ski season runs between December and April, and the world class resorts in the Alps and Pyrenees are popular destinations.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Aix Les Bains Guide (French)
- Bordeaux Guide
- Brittany Region Tourism
- Cannes Film Festival
- Cannes Travel Guide
- Chateau de Versailles
- Eiffel Tower
- Euro Disney (Disneyland Paris)
- France Monthly (Travel Database)
- France Mountains (Skiing, Hiking)
- French Alps
- French Riviera (Cote d'Azur)
- French Tourist Office
- Grenoble Tourism
- Musee d'Orsay
- Nice Travel Guide
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Provence Travel Guide
- Pyrenees National Park (French)
- South France Travel Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Via France (Guide to Cultural Events) (French)
- Western France Tourist Board
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
|Land Area||640,427 km2|
|Water Area||3,374 km2|
|Total Area||643,801km2 (#42)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$2,700.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$42,400|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World