England Travel to
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Be it fashionable and trendy London, picturesque coastlines, countryside villages, medieval ruins, stunning castles or historic museums, England has it all!
For travel tips, city details, major attractions and points-of-interest, follow the links below.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit England (England Tourism Board)
GUIDES TO UK AIRPORTS:
- Calling Code: 44
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: England's climate is much milder than expected (considering its location), as all of the British Isles are warmed some by the powerful Gulf Stream Current as it makes its way north through the waters of the North Atlantic Ocean from the Gulf of Mexico.
There certainly are exceptions, but in general terms winters are damp, mild and windy, and summers pleasant with frequent cloudy days. Precipitation is possible at most anytime, but England's reputation as a rainy and wet destination is very much exaggerated.
Winters do get cold and snowy, especially in the north, and most travelers agree that April through September are the best months to visit.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- The Beatles Story - Liverpool
- Brighton Tourism Guide
- Cambridge Guide
- Castles of England
- Cathedrals of England
- Cornwall Travel Information
- The Cotswolds
- English Channel Coast
- England Coastal Walks
- Golfing Guide
- Isle of Wight
- Lake District
- London City Guide
- North East England Guide
- Shakespeare Country
- Sherwood Forest (home of Robin Hood)
- Ski England
- Somerset Tourist Guide
- Southampton Travel
- Stonehenge Guide
- United Kingdom National Parks
- York Visitor Guide
- White Cliffs Country
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?