|Land Area||55,974 km2|
|Water Area||620 km2|
|Total Area||56,594km2 (#124)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$94.24 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$22,400|
View all cities in Croatia
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Croatia is a land of wonders…miles and miles of Adriatic Sea beaches, fishing ports, Roman ruins, thermal spas, pristine forests and waterfalls, plus a culture like no other European country.
Dubrovnik, nicknamed the "jewel of the Adriatic", is a favored travel stop due to its architectural heritage. Zagreb, the largest and the capital city, is an important tourist center, attracting well over a million visitors annually. On the north side of the city is the historical district with its squares, churches, palaces and galleries.
Each of Croatia's regions offers its own unique attractions and charms. A trip to Croatia must include island hopping, using the various ferries. Croatia has more than 1,000 islands dotting its Adriatic Sea coastline – some quite large and inhabited, some small and deserted.
The Croatians are some of the friendliest people in Europe and will help make the journey as interesting and pleasant as possible.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 385
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Croatia, due to its Mediterannean climate and miles of Adriatic Sea coastline, is a year-round travel destination.
Most travelers prefer visiting in the late spring or early fall as the weather conditions are nearly idyllic.
Inland, colder winters and warmer (hotter) summers are common.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Beaches of Croatia
- Croatia Traveler
- Croatian Museum Network
- Croatian National Parks
- Croatian Words and Phrases
- Cultural Events and Festivals
- Diving in Croatia
- Dubrovnik Tourist Information
- Islands of Croatia
- Istria Region Travel Guide
- Krka National Park
- Lika-Senj County Tourist Association (Croatian)
- Otocac Tourist Information (Croatian)
- Rijeka Tourism Guide
- Senj Tourist Board
- Sibebik-Knin Region Travel Information
- Trogir City Travel Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Zadar Travel Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Croatia Travel Advice and Warnings