|Land Area||108,489 km2|
|Water Area||2,390 km2|
|Total Area||110,879km2 (#103)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$143.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$20,100|
View all cities in Bulgaria
L - O
- Georgi Lozanov psychiatrist, educator
- Andrey Lukanov politician
- Georgi Manev physicist
- Krasimir "Big Margin" Marinov mafia boss
- Stefan Marinov physicist
- Tereza Marinova athlete, Olympic medalist
- Nikolay Kolev-Michmana television journalist
- Nadezhda Mihailova politician
- Dimitar Mihalchev philosopher, sociologist
- Leda Mileva author
- Marco Mincoff professor, scholar
- Theodor Morov biologist
- Hristo Mutachiev actor
- Stoyanka Mutafova actress
- Georgi Nadjakov physicist, discovered external photo effect
- Nikola Obreshkov mathematician
- Georgi Obretenov revolutionary
- Nikola Obretenov revolutionary
- Tonka Obretenova revolutionary
- Omurtag former great khan
- Dimiter Orahovats physiologist
- Georgi Parvanov president of Bulgaria
- Solomon Pasi politician
- Dimitar Paskov chemist
- Isaac Passy philosopher
- Elin Pelin author
- Angel Penchev neurologist
- Peter Petroff inventor, engineer
- Ivailo Petrov author
- Petar Popyordanov actor
- Hristo Prodanov mountaineer
- Muravey Radev politician
- Vulo Radev film director
- Yordan Radichkovauthor, playwright
- Vasil Radoslavov politician, former prime minister
- Silvena Rowe chef, food writer
- Yane Sandanski revolutionary
- Boris Sarafov revolutionary
- Dimitar Sasselov astronomer
- Blagovest Sendov mathematician, politician
- Sevar former ruler
- Leubomir Sharlandjiev theater, cinema director
- Ivan Shishman former tsar
- Naum Shopov actor
- Todor Shopov author
- Volen Siderov politician
- Simeon the Great former ruler
- Petar Slabakov actor
- Pencho Slaveykov poet
- Smilets former emperor
- Stefan Sofiyanski former interim prime minister
- Ivan Stratsimir former emperor
- Aleksander Stamboliyski former prime minister
- Stefan Stambolov politician, former prime minister
- Antoaneta Stefanova chess grandmaster
- Petar Stoyanov former president
- Zahari Stoyanov revolutionary, author
- Anton Strashimirov author
- Stanislav Stratiev playwright, screenwriter, author
- Edvin Sugarev poet
- Vasile Tarlev politician
- Tzvetan Todorov philosopher, author
- Elka Todorova social psychologist
- Toktu former ruler
- Veselin Topalov chess grandmaster
- Filip Totyu revolutionary
- Milen Tsvetkov television host, journalist
- Stefan Tzanev author
- Umor former ruler
- Ralitsa Vassileva television anchorwoman
- Ivan Vazov author, poet, playwright
- Zhan Videnov former prime minister
- Vinekh former ruler
- Kamen Vodenicharov actor
- Nikolay Volev film director, actor
- Petar Volgin journalist
- Panayot Volov revolutionary
- Vladimir Yanchev film director
- Elena Yoncheva journalist, television correspondent
- Stoyan Zaimov revolutionary
- Eduard Zakhariev film director
- Zhelyu Zhelev politician, former president
- Binka Zhelyazkova film director
- Todor Zhivkov politician
- Ansen Zlatarov chemist
- Vasil Zlatarski historian, archaeologist, epigraphist
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Bulgarian
What Languages Are Spoken In Bulgaria?
Bulgarian, an Indo-European language is the official language of Bulgaria and is spoken by a majority of the country’s population. The two main minority languages spoken in Bulgaria are Turkish and Romani. A number of foreign languages are spoken in Bulgaria. Russian is the most commonly spoken foreign language in the country. 35% of the country’s population claim to possess a workable knowledge of this language. English is the second most common foreign language in Bulgaria and is spoken by about 23% of Bulgarians. Italian and Spanish (12%) and French (9%) are the other popular foreign languages spoken in the country.
Languages Spoken In Bulgaria
Which Is The Most Populous City In Bulgaria?
With a population of over 1.2 million, Sofia is Bulgaria's most populous city. It is also the country’s capital city. Sofia is located in the Sofia Valley where it is surrounded by the Vitosha and Balkan mountains.
What are the Biggest Cities in Bulgaria?
What Kind of Government Does Bulgaria Have?
The prime minister of Bulgaria leads the government of the Republic of Bulgaria.
What Type Of Government Does Bulgaria Have?
What Continent is Bulgaria In?
The country of Bulgaria is located on the southeastern portion of the continent of Europe.
Which Continent Is Bulgaria In?
What is the Currency of Bulgaria?
The official currency of Bulgaria is the Bulgarian lev.
What is the Currency of Bulgaria?
What is the tallest mountain in Bulgaria?
Musala in southwestern Bulgaria is the highest peak in the Balkans with an elevation of 9,596 feet above sea level