|Land Area||108,489 km2|
|Water Area||2,390 km2|
|Total Area||110,879km2 (#103)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$143.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$20,100|
View all cities in Bulgaria
- Asen Agov politician
- Ivan Alexander of Bulgaria former emperor
- Stoyan Alexandrov economist
- Stephan Angeloff microbiologist
- Nikolai Arnaudov cartoonist
- Ivan Asen III of Bulgaria former monarch
- Kaliman I Asen of Bulgaria former emperor
- Michael Asen I of Bulgaria former emperor
- Michael Asen II of Bulgaria former emperor
- Mitso Asen of Bulgaria former emperor
- Gredi Assa artist
- Georgi Atanasov politician
- Krassimir Atanassov mathematician
- Nikola Avramov artist
- Azis singer
- Stoyan Bachvarov actor
- Georgi Baev artist
- Elisareta Bagryana poet
- Evgeniy Bakardzhiev politician
- Angel Balevski inventor, engineer
- Valya Mladenova Balkanska singer
- Georgi Benkovski revolutionary
- Petar Beron educator
- Iliya Beshkov artist, cartoonist, illustrator
- Nikolay Binev actor
- Georgi Bliznakoff chemist
- Bogomil Bonev politician
- Boril former emperor
- Boris Michael I ruler of first Bulgarian Empire
- Boris II former emperor
- Boris III former tsar
- Ran Bosilek author
- Assen Bossev author
- Hristo Botev poet, revolutionary
- Zlatyu Boyadzhiev artist
- Oggy Boytchev journalist
- Alaksander Bozhkov politician
- Milko Bozhkov artist
- Kiril Bratanov biologist
- Nikolay Bukhalov sprint canoer, Olympic medalist
- Angel Bukureshtliev composer
- Tudor Burmov politician, first prime minister
- Chaka of Bulgaria former emperor
- Ljubomir Chakaloff mathematician
- George Chaldakov vascular biologist
- Rusi Chanev actor
- Ivan Cheparinov chess player
- Georgi Cherkelov actor, director
- Vulko Chervenkov politician
- Dobri Chintulov poet, teacher
- Boris Christoff opera singer
- Kiril Chukanov scientist
- Constantine I Tikh of Bulgaria former emperor
- Constantine II of Bulgaria former emperor
- Stefan Danailov actor
- Hristo Danov teacher, book publisher
- Dimcho Debelyanov author, poet
- Boris Denev artist
- Ludmilla Diakovska singer, songwriter
- Alexander Dimitrov artist
- Boyan Dimitrov mathematician
- Emil Dimitrov singer
- Filip Dimitrov politician
- Georgi Dimitrov politician
- Alexenia Dimitrova author, journalist
- Silvia Dimitrova artist
- Dimitar Dimov author, dramatist
- Georgi Djulgerov film director, screenwriter
- Nina Dobrev actress
- Dessy Dobreva singer
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Bulgarian
What Languages Are Spoken In Bulgaria?
Bulgarian, an Indo-European language is the official language of Bulgaria and is spoken by a majority of the country’s population. The two main minority languages spoken in Bulgaria are Turkish and Romani. A number of foreign languages are spoken in Bulgaria. Russian is the most commonly spoken foreign language in the country. 35% of the country’s population claim to possess a workable knowledge of this language. English is the second most common foreign language in Bulgaria and is spoken by about 23% of Bulgarians. Italian and Spanish (12%) and French (9%) are the other popular foreign languages spoken in the country.
Languages Spoken In Bulgaria
Which Is The Most Populous City In Bulgaria?
With a population of over 1.2 million, Sofia is Bulgaria's most populous city. It is also the country’s capital city. Sofia is located in the Sofia Valley where it is surrounded by the Vitosha and Balkan mountains.
What are the Biggest Cities in Bulgaria?
What Kind of Government Does Bulgaria Have?
The prime minister of Bulgaria leads the government of the Republic of Bulgaria.
What Type Of Government Does Bulgaria Have?
What is the Currency of Bulgaria?
The official currency of Bulgaria is the Bulgarian lev.
What is the Currency of Bulgaria?
What Is The Culture Of Bulgaria?
Bulgaria has a rich heritage and culture reflected in its cuisine, literature and graphic arts, performance arts, and sports.
The Culture Of Bulgaria
What is the tallest mountain in Bulgaria?
Musala in southwestern Bulgaria is the highest peak in the Balkans with an elevation of 9,596 feet above sea level