Bosnia and Herzegovina's Information
|Land Area||51,187 km2|
|Water Area||10 km2|
|Total Area||51,197km2 (#125)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$42.53 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,000|
View all cities in Bosnia and Herzegovina
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Bosnia and Herzegovina is a stunningly beautiful country with a variety of landscapes, open spaces, major rivers, cities and towns.
Mostar is considered to be the most beautiful city in the country and while there, a visit to the stone Stari most, the Old Bridge, is a must. It is the core of the city and has spanned the Neretva River for over four centuries.
Bosnia and Herzegovina is one of the best places to visit in Europe for adventure sports, with its opportunities for trekking, kayaking, and skiing the Olympic-scale mountains.
Sarajevo, the capital city, and its old town is a popular destination. And, lastly, don't miss the Bosnian Pyramid of the sun in the heart of the country, near the town of Visoko.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 387
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: With a mixed climate of both the Mediterranean and central European, Bosnia and Herzegovina is a year-round destination.
Summers can be quite hot, and winters quite cold.
The best months to visit are May to September for visiting the attractions and taking part in outdoor activities. Ski enthusiasts should plan a visit from December to February.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Bosanska Krupa Tourism Information
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Destinations
- Bosnia Travel Guide
- Bosnian Words and Phrases
- Discover Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Explore Sarajevo
- Hutovo Blato Nature Park
- Kozara National Park (Bosnian)
- Ski Centers
- Tourist Association of Unsko-Sanski (Bosnian)
- UNESCO Sites
- Velez Mountain Ecotourism
- Visit Mostar Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Travel Advice and Warnings
Bosnia and Herzegovina Trivia
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Bosniaks are South Slavic nation and ethnic group dominating Bosnia and Herzegovina population, and they constitute 50.1% of the total population in the country. The second largest ethnic group in the country are the Serbs, which account for 30.8% of the country's total population.