|Land Area||30,278 km2|
|Water Area||250 km2|
|Total Area||30,528km2 (#136)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Democracy Under A Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$509.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$44,900|
View all cities in Belgium
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Quaint towns and villages, medieval cities, castles and gardens, along with more than 350 beers from which to choose, will keep travelers entertained and busy while visiting this delightful and historical country.
Belgium is one of the most multicultural and multilingual countries in all of Europe. What other country has three official languages? Natives speak Dutch, German and French, and almost everyone speaks a bit of English.
The capital city of Brussels is one of the world's great cosmopolitan cities and is also home to the European Union and the headquarters of NATO.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 32
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Inland Belgium's weather is generally mild year-round. Summers are cloudy and cool with temperatures in the mid-60's F. Winters have frequent fog and light rain.
Along the coastal areas, the weather can be rainy, with moderate temperatures. In the Ardennes, the winters are colder, but are a paradise for downhill and cross country skiers.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Antwerp Tourism Guide
- Art Gallery Guide
- Belgium City Guide
- Bredene Tourist Guide (Dutch, French, German)
- Bruges Tourist Guide
- Brussels and Wallonia Travel Guide
- Brussels Tourist Information
- Castles and Gardens
- De Panne Tourist Guide
- Flanders Tourist Guide
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS (continued)
- Herge Museum
- In Flanders Field Museum
- Institute of Natural Sciences
- Knokke-Heist Tourist Guide
- Koksijde Tourist Guide
- Nieuwpoort Tourist Guide
- Ostend Tourist Guide
- Rene Magritte Museum
- Rubens House
- Tongeren Information Guide (Dutch)
- UNESCO Sites
- Waterloo Travel Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Belgium Travel Advice and Warnings
This page was last updated on November 23, 2017.