|Land Area||30,278 km2|
|Water Area||250 km2|
|Total Area||30,528km2 (#136)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Democracy Under A Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$509.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$44,900|
View all cities in Belgium
- Battle of Waterloo
- Battles of the Ypres Salient (Great War 1914 - 1918)
- Belgian Brewers
- Belgian Monarchy
- Belgium City Guide
- Bio - Peter Paul Rubens
- Bio - Rene Magritte
- Embassy of Belgium (Washington, D.C.)
- Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Flemish Environment Agency
- Friends of the Earth, Belgium (French)
- Historical Timeline
- History of Godiva Chocolatier
- Kingdom of Belgium Foreign Affairs
- King Leopold II and Belgian Congo
- National Bank of Belgium
- National Institute of Statistics
- North Sea
- UNESCO Sites
- Belgian Senate
- Belgium Government Portal
- Chamber of Representatives (Dutch, French)
- Prime Minister (French)
- A very complete list of blogs, internet media, press agencies, magazines, newspapers, radio and television sources here!
What are the major rivers of Belgium?
The Meuse River is the largest river to pass through Belgium. Other major rivers include Scheldt River, Oise River, Semois River, and Leie River.
Major Rivers Of Belgium
What Languages Are Spoken in Belgium?
Dutch, French, and German are the 3 official languages of Belgium, while English is also widely spoken throughout the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Belgium?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Belgium?
The Flemish ethnic group is the largest group in Belgium, followed by Walloon and Italian.
Largest Ethnic Groups And Nationalities In Belgium
What is the most populated city in Belgium?
Brussels is by far the most populous metropolitan area in Belgium, and is also the capital city. Approximately 1,789,447 people live throughout the entire metropolitan area.
Biggest Cities In Belgium
What is the Largest Religion in Belgium?
While most Belgians are Roman Catholic, the country has significant numbers of Muslims and atheists, especially in major urban areas.
Major Religions in Belgium
What type of government does Belgium have?
Belgium has a representative democratic, constitutional monarchy. The Prime Minister of the country serves as the head of government. The Belgian Parliament has two chambers, the Senate and the Chamber of Representatives. The Parliament and the government exercise the federal legislative power. The executive power is vested in the Government. The King of the Belgians is the head of state.