|Land Area||30,278 km2|
|Water Area||250 km2|
|Total Area||30,528km2 (#136)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Democracy Under A Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$509.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$44,900|
View all cities in Belgium
S - B
- May Eleanor Sarton poet, novelist
- Adolphe Sax inventor of the saxophone
- Bobbejaan Schoepen musician
- Frans Schollaert former prime minister
- Briek Schotte cyclist
- Herman Schueremans concert promoter
- Enzo Scifo footballer
- Raoul Servais film maker
- Georges Simenon author
- The Singing Nun (Soeur Sourire) nun, singer
- Frans Snyders artist
- Ernest Solvay chemist, industrialist, inventor
- Paul Henri Spaak former prime minister
- Patrick Stevens sprinter
- Simon Stevin mathematician, engineer
- Stijn Streuvels author
- Herman Teirlinck author
- David Teniers the Younger artist
- George Theunis former prime minister
- Toots Thielemans jazz musician
- Philippe Thijs cyclist
- Guy Thys football coach
- Johann Tserclaes, Count of Tilly military leader
- Felix Timmermans author
- Leo Tindemans former prime minister
- Will Tura Flemish singer
- Urbanus comedian, comic book writer
- Achiel Van Acker former prime minister
- Jacob van Artevelde statesman, political leader
- Harry Van Barneveld judoka, Olympic medalist
- Walter Van Beirendonck fashion designer
- Ivo Van Damme athlete
- Jean-Claude Van Damme actor
- Charles Van Depoele electrical engineer, inventor, pioneer electric railway
- Flory Van Donck golfer
- Anton van Dyck artist
- Jan Baptista van Helmont physician, chemist
- Paul Van Himst footballer, manager
- Bernard Van Hool founder of Van Hool NV coachbuilder
- Henri "Rik" Van Looy cyclist
- Dries van Noten fashion designer
- Paul van Ostayen poet, author
- Jan Van Ruysbroeck mystic beatified by Pope Pius X
- Paul van Zeeland politician, lawyer
- Alios Van de Vyvere politician
- Jean-Sylvain Van de Weyer politician
- Karel Van de Woestijne author
- Gella Vandecaveye judoka, Olympic medalist
- Paul Vanden Boeynants former prime minister
- Marcel Vanthilt musician, television presenter
- Emile Verhaeren poet
- Guy Verhofstadt former prime minister
- Henri Vieuxtemps violinist, composer
- Diane von Furstenberg fashion designer
- Eddy Wally singer
- Ulla Werbrouck judoka, Olympic medalist
- Charles Woeste politician
- Marguerite Yourcenar novelist, essayist
- Eugene Ysaye violinist, conductor, composer
- Louis Zimmer clockmaker
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Belgian
What type of government does Belgium have?
Belgium has a representative democratic, constitutional monarchy. The Prime Minister of the country serves as the head of government. The Belgian Parliament has two chambers, the Senate and the Chamber of Representatives. The Parliament and the government exercise the federal legislative power. The executive power is vested in the Government. The King of the Belgians is the head of state.
What Type Of Government Does Belgium Have?
What is the most populated city in Belgium?
Brussels is by far the most populous metropolitan area in Belgium, and is also the capital city. Approximately 1,789,447 people live throughout the entire metropolitan area.
Biggest Cities In Belgium
When Did Belgium Become a Country?
Belgium’s independence was stimulated by the Belgian Revolution which occurred on 25th August 1830.
When Did Belgium Become A Country?
What is the Largest Religion in Belgium?
While most Belgians are Roman Catholic, the country has significant numbers of Muslims and atheists, especially in major urban areas.
Major Religions in Belgium
What Languages Are Spoken in Belgium?
Dutch, French, and German are the 3 official languages of Belgium, while English is also widely spoken throughout the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Belgium?
What is the Currency of Belgium?
The euro is the current official currency of Belgium. It replaced the Belgian franc the year 2002.