|Land Area||202,900 km2|
|Water Area||4,700 km2|
|Total Area||207,600km2 (#84)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic In Name, Although In Fact A Dictatorship|
|GDP (PPP)||$166.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,500|
View all cities in Belarus
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The Belarusians love the outdoors and the cities offer plenty of parks and open spaces. There are five renowned national parks in the country, and one of them, the Belovezhskaya Puschka, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Although the Chernobyl disaster in neighboring Ukraine impacted the Gomel region of Belarus, is is scientifically accepted that any danger to health for visitors to Belarus is minimal. There are very strict controls over the contaminated areas and they cannot be visited without official approval.
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Times to Travel: Belarus has clean modern airports and excellent international rail links. Driving is possible, with the requirement that the driver have an international license. Auto insurance can be purchased at the border
May to September is considered to be the best time to travel to Belarus. The daytime temperatures are in the high 70's° to low 90's° F (23° - 35° C). If you don't mind the cold weather, winter is beautiful.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Belarus National Tour Operator
- Belarus Tourist Information Portal
- Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park
- Architecture of Belarus
- National Parks
- Marc Chagall Museum
- Minsk Travel Guide
- Official Holidays
- Republic of Belarus Official Site
- Russian Words and Phrases
- UNESCO Sites
- Welcome to Belarus Travel Information
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Belarus Travel Advice and Warnings
What is the biggest city in Belarus?
Minsk is Belarus’ capital and largest city with 1.97 million people.
The Biggest Cities In Belarus
What Kind of Government Does Belarus Have?
The government of Belarus is divided into 3 branches: executive, legislative, and judicial.
What Type Of Government Does Belarus Have?
What are the major rivers of Belarus?
Major rivers of Belarus include Dnieper River, Daugava River, Neman River, and Bug River.
Major Rivers Of Belarus
What is the highest mountain in Belarus?
Dzyarzhynskaya Hara is the highest point in Belarus at an elevation of 1,132 feet above sea level.
The Highest Mountains In Belarus
What Languages Are Spoken In Belarus?
Belarusian and Russian are the two most spoken languages in Belarus. Several other minority languages are spoken throughout the country. Some of the most common of these languages include Polish, Eastern Yiddish, and Ukrainian.
Languages Spoken In Belarus
What Is The Population Of Belarus?
As of 2018, Belarus had an estimated population of around 9.5 million individuals.