|Land Area||82,629 km2|
|Water Area||3,971 km2|
|Total Area||86,600km2 (#111)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$166.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,700|
View all cities in Azerbaijan
- Melahat Abbasova actress
- Agakhan Abdullayev film director
- Chingiz Abdullayev author
- Lutfali Abdullayev actor
- Mikail Abdullayev artist
- Safar Abiyev defense minister
- Albert Agarunov army officer, national hero
- Manzar Agayeva artist
- Sabir Ahmadli author
- Mirza Fatali Akhundzadeh playwright, philosopher
- Shokat Alakbarova opera singer
- Alasgar Alakbarov actor
- Avaz Alakbarov politician, economist
- Kamal Alakbarov artist
- Alibala Alasgarov actor
- Heydar Aliyev former president
- Ilham Aliyev president
- Dilara Aliyeva women's rights activist, philologist
- Fikret Amirov composer
- Huseyn Arablinski actor
- Salatyn Asgarova journalist, national hero
- Siyavush Aslan actor
- Avraamy Aslanbegov naval vice-admiral, military writer
- Azim Azimzade artist, cartoonist
- Arif Babayev musician
- Allahverdi Bagirov military officer, national hero
- Sattar Bahlulzadeh artist
- Abbasgulu Bakikhanov historian, author
- Afag Bashirgizi actress
- Rovshan Bayramov wrestler, Olympic medalist
- Max Black philosopher
- Misha Black architect, designer
- Polland Bulbuloglu singer, actor, politician, diplomat
- Ziya Buniatov historian, academician
- Yusif Chemenzemenilli author
- Yuri Dasheyvski artist
- Bella Davidovich pianist
- Masud ibn Davud architect
- David-Bek Edigarow military major-general
- Adulfaz Elchibey former president
- Vali Gadimov clarinet player, national artist
- Salman Gambarov musician, composer
- Aghasadyg Garaybeyli actorister
- Aliyar-Bek Gashimbekow major-general
- Arif Guliyev tennis player
- Rasul Guliyev politician
- Vafa Guluzade diplomat, politicial scientist
- Abdul Gamied Guytabashi major-general
- Uzeyir Hajibeyov composed Azerbaijan national anthem
- Elmar Huseyov journalist
- Rovshan Huseynov boxer
- Alibey Huseynzadeh author
- Mirza Gadim Iravani artist
- Mamed Mirza Kadjar major-general
- Tofig Kazimov artist
- Yusif Kerimov inventor, minister of energy
- Mirza Khazar author, political analyst, anchorman
- Fatali Khan Khoyski former prime minister
- Fakhraddin Manafov actor
- Farid Mansurov wrestler, Olympic medalist
- Samedbey Mehmandarov army general, former minister of defense
- Gazanfar Musabekov revolutionary, statesman
- Mikayil Mushfig poet
- Ayaz Mutalibov first president of independent Azerbaijan
- Togrul Narimanbekov artist
- Khurshidbanu Natavan poet
- Yashar Nuri artist
- Mammed Amin Rasulzade statesman, founding political leader of Azerbaijan Republic
- Parviz Rustambeyov musician
- Hagigat Rzayeva actress, singer
- Nureddin Sadigov major-general
- Tahir Salakhov artist
- Mirjalil Seyidov artist
- Abbas Mirza Sharifzadeh actor, film director
- Sadig Sharifzadeh artist
- Khan Shushinski singer
- Khalil-Bek Talishkhanov major-general
- Murad Girey Tlekhas major-general
- Alimardan Topchubashev politician, foreign minister
- Hasan Turabov actor
- Ibrahim-Aga Usubow major-general
- Mir Hasan Vazirov revolutionary
- Firidun-Bek Wezirow major-general Azerbaijan democratic republic
- Nasib Yusifbeyli statesman
- Aziza Mustafa Zadeh singer, pianist, composer
- Vagif Mustafa Zadeh pianist, composer
- Namig Zeynalov artist
- Nasiba Zeynalova actress
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Azerbaijani
What Languages are Spoken in Azerbaijan?
Azerbaijani, the official language of Azerbaijan, is spoken by more than 90% of the population of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Azerbaijan?
Which Are The Biggest Industries In Azerbaijan?
Petroleum and natural gas, steel, iron ore, cement, etc., are some of the biggest industries of Azerbaijan.
The Biggest Industries In Azerbaijan
What is the biggest city in Azerbaijan?
Baku is the largest and the capital city of Azerbaijan.
The Largest Cities In Azerbaijan
How Much of Azerbaijan is in Europe?
Approximately 2,687.27 square miles of Azerbaijan lies within Europe.
Is Azerbaijan in Europe?
What are the ethnic groups of Azerbaijan?
92% of the country's residents are ethnic Azerbaijanis, while Lezgins are the largest ethnic minority at 2%.
Ethnic Groups Of Azerbaijan
What is the Capital of Azerbaijan?
Baku is the political, economic, and cultural capital of Azerbaijan.