Alpine skiing, castles, cosmopolitan cities, medieval villages and towns, monasteries, stunning mountain scenery, and of course, the city of Vienna, "the Music capital of the World," and its Imperial Habsburg era points-of-interest.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 43
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Austria is an attractive destination for visitors at any time of the year. The country is organized, the roads are good, the trains run on time, and there are lodging facilities for every budget.
July and August are high season months; the country is crowded and the prices are higher. The Christmas and Easter seasons (especially in Vienna), and to a lesser degree in the other large cities, bring significant crowds, so advance reservations are recommended.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Austria Cycling Tours
- Austria National Parks
- Bregenz Tourism Guide
- Burgenland Tourist Information
- Castles in Austria
- German Words and Phrases
- Golf in Austria
- Graz Tourist Information
- Hohe Tauern National Park
- Innsbruck Travel Guide
- Klagenfurt Travel Guide
- Linz Tourist Information
- Salzburg Tourist Information
- Schonbrunn Palace
- Sisi Museum
- Ski Austria
- Styria Tourist Information
- Tirol Tourist Information
- UNESCO Sites
- U.S. Embassy (Vienna)
- Vienna Tourist Guide
- Virtual ViennaTOURISM TRANSPORTATION:
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
|Land Area||82,445 km2|
|Water Area||1,426 km2|
|Total Area||83,871km2 (#112)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$417.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$47,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries