|Land Area||82,445 km2|
|Water Area||1,426 km2|
|Total Area||83,871km2 (#112)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$417.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$47,900|
View all cities in Austria
A - C
- Marie Antoinette queen of france
- Ingeborg Bachmann author, poet
- Ludwig van Beethoven composer
- Johannes Brahms composer
- Anton Bruckner composer
- Archduke Charles of Austria military commander
- Elisabeth of Austria ("Sisi") duchess, empress
- Falco (Johann Holzl) singer
- Sigmund Freud father of modern psychoanalysis
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe poet, lyricist
- Eduard Haas III founder pez candy
- Peter Handke author
- Joseph Haydn composer
- Friedensreich Hundertwasser painter, architect
- Francis Joseph emperor of austria
- Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner mountaineer, first woman to officially reach all fourteen eight-thousanders without the use of supplementary oxygen
- Gustav Klimt painter, illustrator
- Hedy Lamarr actress
- Niki Lauda race car driver
- Ernst Mach physicist, philosopher
- Gustav Mahler composer
- Klemens von Metternich statesman
- Leopold Mozart composer, violinist
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart composer
- Otto Preminger movie director
- Joseph Pulitzer publisher
- Egon Schiele painter
- Franz Schubert composer
- Arnold Schwarzenegger actor, former governor of California, USA
- Johann Strauss (the elder) composer
- Johann Strauss (the younger) composer
- Bertha von Suttner author, nobel prize winner
- Daniel Swarovski founder swarovski crystal
- the Trapp Family sound of music fame
- Kurt Waldheim former secretary general united nations, former president of austria
- Oskar Werner actor
- Ludwig Wittgenstein philosopher
- Paul Wittgenstein pianist, arranger
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Austrian
What Kind of Government Does Austria Have?
The government of Austria is carried out under a representative democracy framework. Austria has a bicameral parliamentary system and is headed by two positions: the Federal President and the Federal Chancellor. The Constitution of Austria has established 3 branches of government in order to ensure a separation of powers: executive, legislative, and judicial.
What Type Of Government Does Austria Have?
What Languages are Spoken in Austria?
Austrian German is the official language of Austria, while Alemannic and Austro-Bavarian are the major unofficial languages.
What Language Is Spoken In Austria?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Austria?
Ethnic Austrians comprise the most populous ethnic group in the nation of Austria today. Other major ethnic groups include Turks, Germans, Serbs, and Slovenes.
Ethnic Groups in Austria
What is the Biggest City in Austria?
Vienna, the capital of Austria, is the most heavily populated city in the country with a population of 1,840,573 individuals.
The Biggest Cities In Austria
What is the Capital of Austria?
Vienna is the capital city of the Austria and is also the largest city in the country with a population of 1.8 million people. The city is one of the most important cities in the European Union, hosting the headquarters of many international organizations. Vienna has a rich history and has fully embraced modernization. The city is famed for its high quality of life.
What Is The Capital Of Austria?
What Was the Battle Karansebes?
The Battle of Karansebes is notable for its friendly fire incident that resulted in the death of up to 1,200 Austrians at the hand of Austrians.