|Land Area||468 km2|
|Total Area||468km2 (#178)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (since March 1993) That Retains Its Chiefs Of State In The Form Of A Co-principality; The Two Princes Are The President Of France And Bishop Of Seu D'Urgell, Spain, Who Are Represented In Andorra By The Co-princes' Representatives|
|GDP (PPP)||$3.33 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$49,900|
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
There are a few villages, but the one and only city in the country, Andorra la Vella, has over 2,000 shops.
Andorra offers some of the most spectacular scenery in all of the Pyrenees. In the winter, this tiny country is well known for the best skiing in the Pyrenees while in the summer, walking or hiking is a favorite activity.
The top historical attraction is the Church of St. Stephen.
Over nine million tourists visit each year, so obviously, Andorra is a favored destination and visitors are well taken care of by the many hotels and other attractions.
It's pretty hard to get lost, as there are only two roads leading to Andorra - one from France and the other from Spain.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Andorra Tourism Guide (Andorra Tourism Offices)
- Calling Code: 376
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Andorra's weather is quite pleasant - warm summers and cool winters.
Most of Andorra is snow-covered for five to six months. In spite of its small size, there are marked regional differences in the climate due to its altitude.
For summer activities, the best time to visit is May to September. December through April is the prime ski season.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Andorran Tourism Portal
- Catalan Words and Phrases
- La Farga Rossell Center
- La Massana Guide (Catalan)
- Sant Julia de Lorio Guide (Catalan)
- Sorteny Valley Natural Park
- Travel and Country Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Valleys of Comapedrosa Communal Natural Park
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Andorra Travel Advice and Warnings
This page was last updated on November 29, 2017.