|Land Area||27,398 km2|
|Water Area||1,350 km2|
|Total Area||28,748km2 (#140)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$33.90 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,900|
View all cities in Albania
The Albanian history and culture is fascinating and offers glimpses into the Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Venetian and Ottoman periods.
One of the world's ancient wonders is the Butrint National Park and Archaeological Site.
The beaches along the Ionian Coast are pristine and include charming towns, such as Saranda.
A trip to the ancient site of Berat is a must and for those who enjoy the bustling city life, don't miss Tirana.
Albania has much to offer, from history and culture, to beach and mountain holidays.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 355
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Due to its diverse topography of mountains, hills and long coastline, Albania experiences a variety of climate conditions.
Winters are mild and summers range from comfortable warm temperatures to quite hot.
Summer is the best time to visit the beautiful beaches. Late spring and autumn seasons are pleasantly warm with minimal precipitation and are perfect times for outdoor exploring and sightseeing.
- Albanian Riviera
- Albanian Tourist Guide
- Berat County Guide
- Butrint National Park and Archaeological Site
- Fier Tourism Guide
- Gjirokastra Tourism Guide
- Guide to Albania
- Lushnje Guide (Albanian)
- National Parks
- Outdoor Albania Tours
- Pogradec Tourism Guide
- Region of Durres Guide
- Region of Korca Guide
- Saranda Guide
- Thethi Guide
- Tirana Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Western Balkans - Albania
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Albania Travel Advice and Warnings
This page was last updated on November 22, 2017.