|Land Area||27,398 km2|
|Water Area||1,350 km2|
|Total Area||28,748km2 (#140)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$33.90 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,900|
View all cities in Albania
- Dritero Agolli poet, author
- Mehmet Ali viceroy of Egypt
- Ramiz Alia former president, communist leader
- Fejzi Alizoti politician
- Abdul-Qader Arnaout Islamic scholar
- Arian Avrazi composer
- Mustafa Pasha Bajrakatari prime minister of Ottoman Empire
- Xhavit Bajrami kickboxer
- Zeqirja Ballata composer
- Sulejman (Pasha) Bargjini founder of Tirana
- Marin Barleti historian
- Elyesa Bazna WWII secret agent
- Andon Beca politician
- Luan Begeti actor
- Istref Begolli actor
- Sali Berisha politician
- James Biberi actor
- Elton Bitincka Olympic medalist
- Anita Bitri singer, violinist
- Elona Bojaxhi actress
- Isa Boletini nationalist, guerilla fighter
- Xhejlane Broqi singer, producer
- Flora Brovina poet
- Pjeter Budi author
- Kara Mahmud Bushati military leader
- Abdurrahim Buza artist
- Gjon Buzuku translator
- Eqrem Cabej historical linguist
- Andon Zako Cajupi poet, playwright
- Pirro Cako singer, composer
- Martin Camaj author
- Lorik Cana footballer
- Ledina Celo singer
- Dorian Collaku athlete
- Bajram Curri national hero
- Tish Daija composer
- Rrahman Dedaj poet
- Teki Dervishi poet, novelist, playwright
- Izet Dibra politician
- Ridvan Dibra poet
- Pyrros Dimas weightlifter
- Xhemil Dino politician, diplomat
- Arta Dobroshi actress
- Shkelzen Doli violinist
- Tony Dovolani dancer
- Aleksander Stavre Drenova poet
- Ahmet Pasha Dukagjini prime minister of the Ottoman Empire
- Leke Dukagjini prince of Albania
- Luiz Ejlli singer
- Pal Engjelli clergyman
- Eli Fara singer
- Gjergj Fishta friar, poet, translator
- Nezim Frakulla poet
- Naim Frasheri poet
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Where is Albania?
Albania is a mountainous country located in Southeastern Europe.
Fun Facts about Albania
What Languages are Spoken in Albania?
Albania is an ethnically homogeneous country with a vast majority of the population speaking the Albanian language.
What Languages Are Spoken In Albania?
What is the biggest city in Albania?
Tiranë, the capital city of Albania, is the largest city in Albania. It has a population of around 860,000 people.
What are the Biggest Cities in Albania?
What Is The Capital Of Albania?
Tirana is the capital and the largest city of Albania. It is the center of the country's economy, culture, and government activities. The city was founded in 1614 and was declared the country's capital in 1912.
What Is The Capital Of Albania?
What is a Puppet Government?
A "puppet state" is a government that has little will of its own, as it needs financial backing or military support. Thus, it acts an a subordinate to another power in exchange for its own survival. The puppet government still holds its own facade of an identity, perpetuated by retaining its own flag, name, national anthem, law, and constitution. However, these type of governments are not considered as legitimate according to international law.
What Is A Puppet Government?
Are There Any UNESCO Sites in Albania?
Some of the Albanian World Heritage Sites include Burtint, the Historic Berat and Gjirokastra, the Durres Amphitheater, and the Royal Tombs of Selca.