|Land Area||527,968 km2|
|Total Area||527,968km2 (#49)|
|Government Type||In Transition|
|GDP (PPP)||$73.45 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,500|
View all cities in Yemen
There is a high security level threat of terrorism in Yemen, and the U.S. State Department and other governments are warning all European and North American travelers to avoid all travel to Yemen.
There was a time - not that long ago- when adventure travelers to this exotic land were exposed to layers and layers of colorful faces, fragrances and melodic sounds.
Attractions of note include magnificent mountains, some with tiny villages perched on top; mysterious towns replete with narrow, winding streets, and houses made of clay and stone; an intriguing desert landscape, isolated beaches that defy description, and a litany of colorful festivals and enchanting markets.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 967
- Electricity: 220/230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: The climate of Yemen varies greatly between regions.
The Aden area is extremely hot in the summer. In the winter, the highlands can be quite cold.
The best times to visit Yemen are in April and May or September and October, following the rainy seasons.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- We will continue to monitor the current situation and update travel information and tourism sites as information is made available. For now, the following sites can be visited to gain further knowledge about the country of Yemen.
- Incense Caravan Tours
- Socotra Archipelago
- Socotra Eco-Tours
- Tourist and Archeologic Sites
- Yamanat Tours
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
This page was last updated on May 2, 2016.
Which Countries Have a Theocratic Government?
Some of the countries with a theocratic government include Yemen, Vatican City, Sudan, and Mauritania.