|Land Area||469,930 km2|
|Water Area||18,170 km2|
|Total Area||488,100km2 (#52)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic; Authoritarian|
|GDP (PPP)||$94.72 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,300|
View all cities in Turkmenistan
- Khalnazar Agakhanov ambassador
- Muslim Agayew football player
- Myratgeldy Akmammedov politician
- Annakurban Amanklychev human rights activist
- Mesgen Amanov chess grandmaster
- Makhammetgeldi Annaamanov politician
- Annagul Annakuliyeva opera singer, actress
- Grigory Aronshtam former president Turkmen SSR
- Gurbannazar Ashirov politician
- Gurbanmyrat Atayew politician
- Aksoltan Atayewa permanent representative to United Nations
- Inha Babakova Olympic medalist, high jumper
- Sergey Artem'yevich Balasanian composer
- Aliasker Bashirov boxer
- Durdy Bayramov artist
- Umurbek Bazarbayev weightlifter
- Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow president
- Batyr Berdiyew former ambassador
- Kurban Berdyev football coach
- Danil Burkenya Olympic medalist, track and field
- Annaguly Deryayev engineer, politician
- Durdy Durdyyew politician
- Khodjamyrat Geldimyradov politician
- Rahym Gurbanmammedow football coach
- Nurmuhammet Hanamow former ambassador
- Tolkunbek Hudaybergenov weightlifter
- Husein Huseinov painter, film art director
- Elnur Huseynov singer
- Amangeldy Hydyr painter
- Maxim Kalashnikov writer, publicist, political activist
- Sapardurdy Khadzhiev human rights activist
- Oleg Kononenko Russian cosmonaut
- Larisa Kositsyna high jumper
- Awdy Kulyyew first foreign minister
- Yuri Magdiyew football coach
- Agageldi Mammetgeldiyev politician
- Rasit Meredow deputy prime minister
- Andrey Molchanov swimmer
- Veli Mukhatov composer
- Ogulsapar Myradowa human rights activist, journalist
- Valentina Nazarova track, field sprint athlete
- Remigija Nazaroviene heptathlete
- Saparmurat Niyazov first president Turkmenistan
- Byashim Nurali painter
- Guwanc Nurmuhammedow judoku
- Isanguly Nuryyew politician
- Handszar Odeev Chess grandmaster
- Esenmyrat Orazgeldiyev politician
- Magtymguly Pyragy spiritual leader
- Khalmurad Sakhatmuradov former president Turkmen SSR
- Aygyl Tajiyeva activist, politician
- Kakaev Yakshigeldy politician
- Iraida Yusupova composer
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Turkmen
What Kind of Government Does Turkmenistan Have?
Turkmenistan is a presidential republic where the President is both the Head of State and the Head of Government of the country.
What Type Of Government Does Turkmenistan Have?
Which Languages are Spoken in Turkmenistan?
Turkmen is the official language of Turkmenistan.
What Languages Are Spoken In Turkmenistan?
Which Is The Most Popular Religion In Turkmenistan?
Islam is the religion of the majority in Turkmenistan. 89% of the country’s population adhere to this religion. Christianity is the next largest religion with 10% of the population affiliated to this religion.
Religion In Turkmenistan
What is the Capital of Turkmenistan?
Ashgabat is the capital city of Turkmenistan. It is located in Central Asia bordering the Caspian Sea and is primarily covered by the Karakum Desert.
What Is The Capital Of Turkmenistan?
What is the Culture of Turkmenistan Like?
Turkmenistan is a country located in Central Asia, formerly known as Turkmenia. The capital city is Ashgabat, and even though the official language in the state is Turkmen, Russian is spoken by a majority of the population living in the urban areas. The state has a total area of about 189,660 square miles, and the population was estimated at 5,662,544 in 2016. In 1995, Turkmenistan was declared a neutral state. The Turkmen people have been nomads and horsemen since ancient times.
The Culture Of Turkmenistan
What is the Door to Hell?
The Door to Hell refers to a surreal feature on the barren landscape of the Karakum Desert in Turkmenistan. The feature is a gaping crater on the surface of the land that was created by a mining miscalculation in a natural gas field.