|Land Area||469,930 km2|
|Water Area||18,170 km2|
|Total Area||488,100km2 (#52)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic; Authoritarian|
|GDP (PPP)||$94.72 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,300|
View all cities in Turkmenistan
- Khalnazar Agakhanov ambassador
- Muslim Agayew football player
- Myratgeldy Akmammedov politician
- Annakurban Amanklychev human rights activist
- Mesgen Amanov chess grandmaster
- Makhammetgeldi Annaamanov politician
- Annagul Annakuliyeva opera singer, actress
- Grigory Aronshtam former president Turkmen SSR
- Gurbannazar Ashirov politician
- Gurbanmyrat Atayew politician
- Aksoltan Atayewa permanent representative to United Nations
- Inha Babakova Olympic medalist, high jumper
- Sergey Artem'yevich Balasanian composer
- Aliasker Bashirov boxer
- Durdy Bayramov artist
- Umurbek Bazarbayev weightlifter
- Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow president
- Batyr Berdiyew former ambassador
- Kurban Berdyev football coach
- Danil Burkenya Olympic medalist, track and field
- Annaguly Deryayev engineer, politician
- Durdy Durdyyew politician
- Khodjamyrat Geldimyradov politician
- Rahym Gurbanmammedow football coach
- Nurmuhammet Hanamow former ambassador
- Tolkunbek Hudaybergenov weightlifter
- Husein Huseinov painter, film art director
- Elnur Huseynov singer
- Amangeldy Hydyr painter
- Maxim Kalashnikov writer, publicist, political activist
- Sapardurdy Khadzhiev human rights activist
- Oleg Kononenko Russian cosmonaut
- Larisa Kositsyna high jumper
- Awdy Kulyyew first foreign minister
- Yuri Magdiyew football coach
- Agageldi Mammetgeldiyev politician
- Rasit Meredow deputy prime minister
- Andrey Molchanov swimmer
- Veli Mukhatov composer
- Ogulsapar Myradowa human rights activist, journalist
- Valentina Nazarova track, field sprint athlete
- Remigija Nazaroviene heptathlete
- Saparmurat Niyazov first president Turkmenistan
- Byashim Nurali painter
- Guwanc Nurmuhammedow judoku
- Isanguly Nuryyew politician
- Handszar Odeev Chess grandmaster
- Esenmyrat Orazgeldiyev politician
- Magtymguly Pyragy spiritual leader
- Khalmurad Sakhatmuradov former president Turkmen SSR
- Aygyl Tajiyeva activist, politician
- Kakaev Yakshigeldy politician
- Iraida Yusupova composer
Is a famous person missing from this page?
Submit your Famous Turkmen
Which Languages are Spoken in Turkmenistan?
Turkmen is the official language of Turkmenistan.
What Languages Are Spoken In Turkmenistan?
What is the Door to Hell?
The Door to Hell refers to a surreal feature on the barren landscape of the Karakum Desert in Turkmenistan. The feature is a gaping crater on the surface of the land that was created by a mining miscalculation in a natural gas field.
The Darvaza Gas Crater: the Door to Hell
Which Is The Most Popular Religion In Turkmenistan?
Islam is the religion of the majority in Turkmenistan. 89% of the country’s population adhere to this religion. Christianity is the next largest religion with 10% of the population affiliated to this religion.
Religion In Turkmenistan
What is the biggest city in Turkmenistan?
Ashgabat city is the largest city in Turkmenistan with a population of around 880,000 people.
The Biggest Cities In Turkmenistan
What Kind of Government Does Turkmenistan Have?
Turkmenistan is a presidential republic where the President is both the Head of State and the Head of Government of the country.
What Type Of Government Does Turkmenistan Have?
Where is the Karakum Desert?
The Karakum Desert is located in Turkmenistan, Central Asia. The desert covers an area of about 135,000 square miles which is about 70% of Turkmenistan's land area.