|Land Area||510,890 km2|
|Water Area||2,230 km2|
|Total Area||513,120km2 (#50)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy; Note - Interim Military-affiliated Government Since May 2014|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,160.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$16,800|
View all cities in Thailand
Thailand, "The Land of Smiles" attracts a record number of travelers each year who are drawn to the incredible beauty of the country, ruins and relics of its ancient history, friendly people, great food and travel is still affordable.
Major attractions include Bangkok, with its nightlife, shopping and Thai cuisine restaurants and the picturesque floating markets; Phuket Island and the endless miles of perfect beaches; numerous diving, golf and eco-tourism sites; historical monuments and parks, and the stunning ruins and shrines of its many fascinating kingdoms and cultures.
Note: It is advised to exercise a high degree of caution (or avoid) in the provinces of Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Songkhla, due to the threat of terrorist attacks.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Tourism Thailand (Tourism Authority)
- Calling Code: 66
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Thailand's weather is comfortable most of the year, although summers can be quite hot.
It is best to avoid the rainy season (July to October). November throgh February are the coolest times of the year and the least rainfall.
Because Thailand is a large country with a diverse landscape, travel is suitable any time of the year.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Ancient City
- Ayutthaa Tourist Attractions
- Bangkok Sights and Attractions
- Beach Destinations Guide
- Birding Guide
- Chiang Mai Night Bazaar
- Chiang Mai Sightseeing Guide
- Elephant Nature Park
- Go Thailand Guide
- Grand Palace
- Hua Hin Guide
- Islands in Thailand
- Jim Thompson Thai House
- Kanchanaburi Province Guide
- Koh Samui Island Guide
- Museums in Thailand
- Phuket Travel Guide
- Sacred Sites in Thailand
- Samutprakarn Crocodile Farm & Zoo
- Thailand Guidebook
- Thailand Travel - Gateway to Southeast Asia
- UNESCO Sites
- Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn)
- Wonders of Thailand
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Thailand?
The Thai people make up the largest ethnic group of Thailand, representing 91.5% of the population.